How do I...?

Saving a new record - default form fails to load

I have created a form for users to enter new records into a table. The form contains the specific fields they need to work with. I do not wish to grant the user access to the "default form" as there are fields in there I do not wish to grant them access. When a user enters a record and they hit save they are presented with a "permission denied" alert. The record does save.

Best I can tell, trackvia always loads the "default form" after a new record is saved. Is this accurate? Is there any way to change this?

TIA

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    John Brophy shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Matt Cox commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not an expert but from my time using TrackVia it does seem that when a new record is saved TrackVia attempts to open the record from the default view.

If you don't mind people seeing the information then grant access to the default view and set the form to one with restricted access. This will keep the information from being edited as it is not a part of the form assigned to the view.

If you dont want them seeing the information at all then it is just an issue they will have to deal with seeing

Feedback and Knowledge Base