How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

Fields, Groups and Totals - Export to Excel feature not available?

Hi, As i plug along transitioning from Classic to the new platform, I have discovered an alarming capability that is apparently unavailable in 2.0.
I have many Classic users that use the "Fields, Groups, and Totals" tab under "Modify View" to group and total sales and expense figures by location, entity, etc. They then export these views, grouped and totaled, to excel, where it can be emailed to third parties (such as lenders).

I am now discovering that the "Format" tab has replaced the "Fields, Groups and Totals" feature in the new platform. I need to group specific fields and sum columns in those groups, then export the view to excel. However, I am told that new new platform does not have this capability. When I export to excel, it does not group sum or total.

This is a very important capability in my apps. Please advise if this can be implemented. Thanks...

4 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    GeneGene shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BethBeth commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a feature that I also often use and need that functionality back in 2.0.

• Justin MauldinJustin Mauldin commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Gene,

Thank you for the feedback. This is a great suggestion that can be added to the new system.

I have gone ahead and logged this with our Product Team as an enhancement request to be added to the system. If/when the feature is added to the system, we will alert you via email.

Thanks again,

Justin

Feedback and Knowledge Base