How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

Timeline improvements

Firstly, I should say that the new timeline feature is really, really well done. Seriously it's really great.

There are a couple tiny improvements, though, that would make it much more usable for us. The first is either the ability to set the row height (or at least the 'No Parent' first row) or to be able to drag out of the 'show more' pop-up. When you have more than 3 records in a row, the drag-and-drop feature (which is the best part) becomes much less useful. We often have 10+ records with no parent and would be great to be able to access them all to drag below.

The second improvement is just to be able to adjust the width of the first column. It's currently cutting most of the row header information.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Andrew Forrester shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Andrew,

Thanks for the feedback! We've shared it with our product team for the roadmap improvements for the Calendar/Timeline views.

Timeline rows are based on the parent value of the mapped records which is why we see the No Parent option at the top of the view. This allows you to still see the records in the view that do not have a parent value. Also, keep in mind that Timeline/Calendar views can only display up to 1,000 records.

Regards,

Alex

• John McGarvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

On my account, the Timeline does not work at all. The screen shows "No Records" even when records display on the Calendar.

A support ticket is already being worked for my issues. Must be something strange to work for some customers but not others.

Feedback and Knowledge Base