How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

Ability to format number fields

The number fields are very hard to read. We should have the ability to add commas, align to the right and limit the number of decimal points (in calucations).

22 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    BobBob shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • BobBob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can we at least get the commas removed in the mean time?

• Lee WaronkerLee Waronker commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Add me to the list of those that would like to (need to) see the ability to format the number. We too had a counter for jobs, clients et al as identifiers. Is my choice, as in TV Classic, to create another field and do a calculated text to remove the commas?

• Ben CBen C commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

So... is there a way to remove the commas? It would be wonderful to use number fields for phone numbers and Zip codes. Also, any way to keep leading zeros on zip codes?

• JustynJustyn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need to remove commas from number fields, we used this type for number codes, now my agents are frustrated by the commas making them look like prices...

• Jake MarwilJake Marwil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Bob,

Because this update requires a more complex overhaul to the user interface, it did not make it into our upcoming release. Our product team is aware of this feature request and they create the product roadmap around customer requests and business needs. As such, the formatting of number fields is not slated for release at this time. We will be sure to notify you with any updates on the progress of this request. Please let us know if you have any questions.

Best,

Jake

• Jake MarwilJake Marwil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Bob,

I can understand how formatting number fields would be very useful. I have gone ahead and passed along this idea to our engineering team. We appreciate your input and please let us know of any other ideas you may have.

Regards,

Jake

Feedback and Knowledge Base