How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

Be able to make Linking fields "required"

Really like the way table relationships are set up in the new version! Makes creating relationships really easy.

There's been requests to have the "link to parent rule" that was in classic added to the new version, which I understand is very difficult for you guys to do with the new structure.

While that's in development, would it be possible to make linking fields "required"?

Lets say I have an activity table. I need an activity to link to a Company and Contact (both individual tables). Since the link to parent rule isn't in place yet, it would be immensely helpful to mark these as required so both get filled.

Thanks!

6 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    completed  ·  AdminTrackVia (Admin, TrackVia) responded  · 

This request was addressed in our October 29th release – Form Required Fields. You can now make relationship fields required at the form level.

2 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John McGarvey commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm not sure if this was a planned outcome, but this is not possible with the latest update of Forms which allows making a field required at the Form level instead of the Table level.
        If works on link-to-parent fields also.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Both enhancement with regards to linking child records to parent records is on our radar! These additional enhancements will help streamline workflow by restricting the possibility of creating orphaned child records.

We'll update this post with any developments and don't forget to keep an eye on our Product Release Notes- http://help.trackvia.com/knowledgebase/topics/55947-product-release-notes

Regards,

Alex

Feedback and Knowledge Base