Web ApplicationMajor Grid and Summary View Enhancements
- Improvements to in-cell edit
- New date picker with now and today buttons
- Collapsible Record ID column
- Dynamic row height base on cell content
- Updates to summary view styling and functionality
- Copy Record Option
- Edit a Form from a Form
What's new in the iOS App version 2.7.0
Fast barcode scanning. We have worked hard to make the barcode scanning experience much more accurate and faster in this release. You will find faster scans to get your workflows going. Barcode scanners now also allow you to control turning on the camera flash for scanning in low light conditions.
Shortcut to quickly add a new linked parent record, if that value does not already exists. Just tap the + button on linked record field in a form to add a brand new parent record and link it automatically.
If you sort the grid view on any column by tapping on it, the grid will remember the sort criteria when you go back to it. No need to keep resorting it anymore.
Support for link widgets - If your forms contain link widgets, you will be able to see them in your app and navigate to those links now.
Web Link, Phone number, Address and Event detection in Text Widgets - Now the forms automatically detect the presence of URLs, phone numbers, addresses and events in the text widget content and allow you to navigate to those links. So you can put web addresses and phone number in form field instructions.
Other notable bugs and stability issues fixed in this release:
- text widget text will not truncate any longer
- clearing unique fields will no longer make the text reappear in a form field
- better performance when scrolling a form on iPad
- some pesky crashes have been eliminated
What's new in the Android App version 1.7.0
• Add parent records from child records by tapping the + icon
• Turn the flash on when scanning bar codes in dark environments
• Improved column sorting in grid views
• Adopted material design
• Add a shortcut widget for the home screen. You can open a view or form directly from the Android home screen.
• Long press an image in a grid to see the full size image without opening the record
• Tapping on a parent field in a grid will open the parent record
• Bug fixes and performance improvements.