October 29 - Form Required Fields
Rather than requiring fields at the table level users will be able to require fields only on certain forms. This is a very valuable feature when configuring complex workflows where different stages or roles have different requirements. Previously, required fields in the table had to be completed when a record was created, including via Import or by use of the API. Now feel free to create records and require them at a later step.
Example: In a two stage quality control process User 1 takes a sample and is required to record to he sample weight before proceeding. User 2 performs analysis of the sample but it cannot leave User 2's work queue until they have recorded the result. To accomplish this the two user roles would use different forms each with specifically required fields that work in harmony with quality control workflow.
In addition to this new feature we have fixed some other defects related to forms and views.
October 27 - iOS App 2.9.0 released
- Improved workflows with this version. We are working hard to eliminate taps and simplify your workflows. So now you can start off with a list of records, scan for an item in the list and scan again directly from the form. No need to tap back button to go back to the list.
- Adding Linked records is now easier than ever. Big bold Add Buttons allow you to quickly add the linked records. To view existing records, you can simply tap the linked records and they will show up. You can quickly glance on any linked record set to see the total count as well as when it was last updated.
- When your search yields a single match, that record is automatically loaded into its appropriate form.
- Forms now have beautiful sections which can be collapsed and expanded for quick reach. You most recent scan or searches are now accessible for quick reload via the Search bar.
- Summary Line Charts now drill down to the correct group of records.
- Additional security measures are taken to clear session information when logging out.
- Number fields now have a handy numeric keyboard
- Improved iOS9 support
- Dates are now in the short style for quicker readability
- Percentage field now honor the precision as entered.
- Other stability and performance improvements
Performance improvements to make grid views display faster, particularly for larger tables.
Some back-end updates to improve performance of Spreadsheet Imports.