How-to questions

Hi! Don’t forget to take a look in the Knowledge Base for answers to common questions :)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use location as a Table ID or pull address from location field and put into a separate field

When creating a record in my table, I use the location field (from google maps). I am not able to use Location as table ID. A possible work around would be to create a separate address field and populate it with the address from the location field. However, I am having trouble doing this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  table relationships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Invisible Characters in Link-To-Parent Fields??

Is there any invisible characters in an unpopulated Link-To-Parent field?

I am attempting to use Show/Hide Rules to only display this field is it is blank (or populated), but it appears there is something in a blank field that the application is recognizing so not considering the field blank/null.

Example: if(isblank({LTP Field}, 1, 0) is returning 0.

Is there another formula to find visibly blank fields? I even tried if({LTP Field} = null, and the same results.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  table relationships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. auto-populate from parent table

I have company to contact related tables. When someone creates a contact in a company, can I make the address fields in the contact table auto-populate with the data from the address fields in the parent company?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Alphabetize Dependent Drop down Choices

I have set up a dependent drop down of Counties and Cities. When I pick a county the city choices are not alphabetized. Is there a way to make this happen?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. keep

I have a (parent) table ID that was setup using a calculated field that may change value. I'd like to create an autocounter field that would have unique values and wouldn't change and then re-map the relationships. Is there a way to set a field in the child table to a calculated result, before I change the field ID for the parent table? Are parent child relationships stored else-where or am I seeing all of the available fields in the table?

Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Is there a way to import data to multiple tables from a single spreadsheet?

Is it possible to import from an excel spreadsheet to multiple tables in one process. For example, I have a spread sheet with 4 columns. I want column 1 and 2 to go to table A, column 1 and 3 to table B and column 1 and 4 to go to table C all with one import operation?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  table relationships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How do I create a link-to-parent lookup field?

I think that's the right term for it. I want to create a field in a child table that is linked to the parent table. For example, I want the contacts table to have an "Organization" field, and that organization name should be linked and pulled from the "Company" table.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Retrieve Value from Grand-Parent Table?

Is it possible to retrieve the value from a field in a grand-parent table?

I've tried modifying the format of retrieving from a parent field by adding additional "connectors", but not getting it to work.

Sample:
    {Table Name}.{Relationship Name}.{Relationship Name}.{Field Name}, or
    {Table Name}.{Relationship Name}.{Table Name}.{Relationship Name}.{Field Name}

I could "step" the values down one level at a time, but thought it would be easier to go straight to the source.

Thanks

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Multiple Unique Record ID's

I'm new to this platform, and starting a slow migration from the Classic version.

One question that I have is with the unique Record ID's.

ln the classic version, there is a system generated unique ID for each record (Record Locator), plus we have the option of using a second field for the purposes of importing files, linking from a child table, and used for calculated formulas.

I don't see this option in the Pro platform. I can only find a single Record ID.

As a User Case, there are times when we need a unique number when importing source…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  table relationships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How do I import data into an existing table?

How do I import data into a an existing table?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  table relationships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base