How-to questions

Hi! Don’t forget to take a look in the Knowledge Base for answers to common questions :)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Scan multiple barcodes within mobile app

Is there a way to scan multiple barcodes either on record creation or searching for the record and then edit/save those records all together? Also, are there any other options for bulk editing records on the mobile application?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Export pictures uploaded to TrackVia

If I wanted to export data to a program such as Excel, how would I include the pictures as well? Right now, using the "Export View" or 'Import to Table" options just gives me a file name for the pictures.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Inventory App

The legacy Trackvia had an example of an Inventory App. I would like to build a similar one where my employees can keep track of inventory of products in their area so that on a single dashboard, in real time, the supply manager knows when levels of certain products go below par levels. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  app building  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Open a specific form in Mobile App

I have a work instruction that said "Check this and record it in Trackvia". I can easily put a link to the rigth trackvia form in a PDF.

But, If I put this PDF on a tablet, the link will open the form in the web browser, not in the Trackvia mobile App.

Is there a way to open a specific form in the trackvia app ?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Time field type

We would like to have a field type that is a "Time" only. Just like the date/time field but not have the user select the date.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  app building  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Export a view with grouped data as it shows in TV instead of exporting as each individual record?

When creating views that group store records by region, they show at the region level in TV, but export as individual records under highlighted rows for each region but aren't summed so I then have to go into excel and re-sum each section. Is there a way to get a View to export at just the grouped level? I really don't want to create a new table just to make this happen.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  views & charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More Chart Customization

Is there a chance to add further customization to charts.

For example:
    - Adding the option to display the data point on a line / bar graph in place of or in addition to hover text.
    - Customize the color of the lines

The more options for charts the better.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. How can you sign out of an account on all devices desktop & mobile

Is there a way to sign out of your account on all devices desktop & mobile. I didn't seem to see of a way to do that. I noticed when I changed my password on one device it didn't update to make you sign back in with the new password on the other devices.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Transfer data from one user to another?

How can we easily transfer data from a previous employee who is no longer in the company to a new employee that was hired?

Currently they transfer the data manually to the new employee, was thinking of a way to automate this process for new hires that are replacing older employee's.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  user management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Count working hours

I need to count working hours in the range defined by "Start" and "End" fields. Both fields are Date and Time format. The working day lasts from 7 AM till 3:30 PM. I need to count time only from this range. Overtime and weekends should not be included. I can start and end work any day at any time.
    weekdays() function counts only days, datedif() function includes all 24 hours and weekends.
    Any ideas?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  formulas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Inventory App

The legacy Trackvia had an example of an Inventory App. I would like to build a similar one where my employees can keep track of inventory of products in their area so that on a single dashboard, in real time, the supply manager knows when levels of certain products go below par levels. Any ideas?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  app building  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. sum a specific column when the child record is in a specific location

I have a table where users can select a parent record in more than one location. For example, a child table, "work order" contains both "Service 1", and "Service 2" links to the "services" table. Each linked service has an associated quantity column in the "work order" table. I have tried using the sum function in the "services" table to sum the total services entered but when I sum the "service 1 quantity" all of the values in that column are added regardless of whether the service was a parent record in the "service 1" link or in the "service…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  formulas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Export (and import) forms configuration

In our compagny, we are certified ISO 9001 so we have to handle change management.
    We already have a functionnal systems to manage changes. If we were able to export the configurations of the forms in trackvia, we woud complie with the norm.

So any format for the export would be nice as long as we can :
    * import it on an existing form or a new one
    * export it from an existing form

The best would be to have it in a human readable format like XML or JSON

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Sort by name in Calculated field?

Is there any way to alphabetize text in Calculated field? I have Calculated field with formula: childconcatenate({Projects}.{Lead}.{Project Experience}, "\n"). How can I sort those "Project Experience" fields from Projects table?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Copy the linked field to text

I have a contracts table and in it, users will select a child company from the linked child company table.

I am trying to create a client contacts form that will automatically populate the selected child company(ies) in contracts in the associated client contact field

Can you tell me how? Or is there a way to create a second column that will do something like linked record = linked record text

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. invoice

Create an invoice (pdf) directly from TrackVia

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  app building  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Create links within Manufacturing Work Instructions that automatically populate the correct TrackVia picture entry

I work for 3D systems. We manufacture 3D printers and use TrackVia in multiple ways, but on of them is to take pictures throughout the assembly process using Android Tablets for accountability and quality purposes. Currently, assembly line workers read paper work instructions, and only use the tablets for TrackVia. We want workers to be able to use the tablets to follow work instructions. Within the instructions, we would like for workers to be able to click a link that would take them to the appropriate TrackVia picture entry form. I'm not sure if this can be done being that…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  user management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. How do I set up an email alert in the future?

Can I set an email reminder for 1 week from today? Or, an email reminder on the designated date of a future task (record)?
    Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. return the previous month's record

I'm uploading invoices into our table. Each entry in the table will list the date run, the company name, qty and subtotal. I also want to add a column that populates what the previous month's qty was, so i can add an additional column that calculates the variance.

Can someone help me with what the formula would be to return the previous month's qty?

Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Sending/sharing/emailing a record or scheduled report as an attachment

Hello,

I work for a healthcare organization. One of our departments uses TrackVia on a near daily basis. We have very recently upgraded from the classic version to the Enterprise+ version.

Is there any way that we can use the "Share Record" feature, but instead of TrackVia printing out the data in the body of the email (the users have told me this can't be done for HIPAA reasons), the data can be sent as an attachment? Either a Word document or .csv or Excel spreadsheet is fine; it's just for our purposes, we cannot have the data printed out…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base