How-to questions

Hi! Don’t forget to take a look in the Knowledge Base for answers to common questions :)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. How do I get drop downs to display in alphabetical order?

I have many drop-downs in my app and none of them display in alphabetical order, making it difficult to find the selection I am looking for. Do I need to import the tables in ABC order for the drop downs to display as such?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  app building  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. calculate the total amount from a column, not a count of what is showing information?

I would like to be able to calculate a total in a column, i.e. column shows amount of Disposition, would like a sum at the bottom showing the total of all those claims.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  formulas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Change name of Calculations Created in View

Is it possible to change the name of a summary calculation created in the Format section of a view?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. notification to current user

I see that to create a notification for a current user I have to create a view that is filtered by current user. I want the notification to be made if a change is made to a particular field. Does the notification get sent only if the change is made to that field while in the view? What if the change is made to that view in the Table?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. TrackVia API and Tableau Web Data Connector

Tableau just came out with a Web Data Connector that allows it to pull in JSON data and Rest APIs.
    See https://www.tableau.com/about/blog/2015/8/connect-just-about-any-web-data-new-web-data-connector-42246

Do any of the TrackVIa API experts know how it might be possible to push TrackVia data to Tableau using this option?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Assign multiple forms for a single table

I need to be able to assign multiple forms to a single table. This works fine as long as the user is an admin. But it does not work when users are given limited access or when mobile app is in offline mode.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How do I use an If formula containing 2 isblank arguments?

I'm trying to set an if condition based on 2 fields being blank. (i.e. If Contract Date and Decline Reason are blank) I've tried nesting the And() and Isblank functions with no success. Can someone please post a sample of the If statement on how to do this?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  app building  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. How should I best format an address in TrackVia so as I can map the address (in a similar way to Location of Entry)?

I need to map the address of a company which I can see when looking at the entry in TrackVia. This is different from the Location of Entry map. Thanks.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. print a dashboard

I am new to TrakVia and have enjoyed using it for our application, but I have a superb dashboard, which I would like to send to all executives every 15 days, but seems there is currenly no way to print dashboard. I have to print each view individually, which is time consuming. Wish we can print from Dashboard and further if I can automate it to send it out to people with email address (non track via users) every 15 days, that would be fantastic!!

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  dashboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Year over year charts

I want to group items by month, but have different lines for different years. Is this possible?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  views & charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. How do I create a link-to-parent lookup field?

I think that's the right term for it. I want to create a field in a child table that is linked to the parent table. For example, I want the contacts table to have an "Organization" field, and that organization name should be linked and pulled from the "Company" table.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  table relationships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. automated recurring "share view"

I love the new "share view" feature and find it very useful. It would be even more useful if I could set up a view to be automatically sent to a set of emails on a recurring basis. Can this be done?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Is there a maximum number of IF statements I can nest?

I ask this because when I go to save the calculated field a dialog box appears stating: "We've had a minor problem. We can't tell if your request completed. Please click OK below to refresh your browser." Prior to this dialog box appearing, however, a string of text appears (stating: "Large tables usually save in under a minute. Feel free to leave this page, we'll let you know when this is saved") atop the whited out page as the calculated field is saved - see attachment "Problem with IF Statement."

Also, once I paste the copied IF statement formula into…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Is there a way to post form entries (meeting notes) on multiple records all at once?

If I have the same "meeting notes" (form) to post for multiple record i.d.'s, can I do it all at once or do I have to individually add them to every record?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Calculating Task Completion Time

I am looking for a way to capture how long it takes a user to create a record.
    Does TrackVia stamp when a Form is opened? If so, then I can use this value in a datedif formula against the record Create Date/Time to see how long it took to open the form, key in the information, and click Save.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. export document field

Is there a way to download all of the documents for a table? An export gives me an excel file and one of the columns in that is the name of the document in that field but I need a way to get all of the actual files. Is that possible or do I have to go through one by one and download them?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  other  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Forms, Default Forms and Child Tables

When I click on a record and the view is set to the default view, the option to select one of the related child records appears below the form. When I create new form and change it as the preferred Form in roles the child records no longer appear below the form. How can I get the child info to appear when not using the default form?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Months in order

I am grouping milestone activities with dates into months. On the chart, the months aren't in order. Is there a way to create the chart with the months in order?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  views & charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Membership/client based website where they need to have notification details of what was done to their account

Hello we are making a member/client based website where they need to have notification details of what was done to their account sent to them via email etc. when there is account activity made by an admin. Can Trackvia do this, is it the right type of solution?
    Also can the member get notified that we are working on their account.
    Can they also get reports?
    If not, can this be done with Hooks or APIs?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Auotnumber and Text in calculated text

Can anyone please explain why this calculated text field formula works when Historic Order Number has a value but not when it's blank. I'm guessing it's something to do with the fact that Historic Order number is a text field whereas Order Number is an autonumber, however I can't find a to string function.

IF({Factory}="Toplink", "TLKNZ", IF({Factory}="Playmore", "PKNZ", IF({Factory}="Colaro", "CKNZ", IF({Factory}="Vithal", "VKNZ", "")))) & IF({Historic Order Number}="", {Order Number}, {Historic Order Number})

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  formulas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 13 14
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base