How-to questions

Hi! Don’t forget to take a look in the Knowledge Base for answers to common questions :)

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Calculated Link field to allow custom action on each row

It seems that in TrackVia we can not add custom actions on each row like in Zoho creator.
    For example, jump to LinkedIn profile of a contact, based on its name and forname stored in TrackVia table.

An easy way to achieve this could be to create a new type of calculated field: Calculated Link

By this way, we could extend the action functionalities of TrackVia on each row,

image: trying to calculate a link base on forname and Calculated Text Field (without success :-)

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  app building  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  2 comments  ·  user management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Calculating Task Completion Time

I am looking for a way to capture how long it takes a user to create a record.
    Does TrackVia stamp when a Form is opened? If so, then I can use this value in a datedif formula against the record Create Date/Time to see how long it took to open the form, key in the information, and click Save.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  formulas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. How have you printed barcodes?

I can only see barcodes when I'm on the mobile app. Is there a way to generate barcodes for inventory items and print though from TV?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. can i trace mobile number

I would like to trace mobile number and to know if annoying person is using any apps

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  mobile  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Summary Form

I am trying to replicate a view from the old version to the newest version of Trackvia. I am not having much success. Attached is a photo old vs new. Old version is shown on the right. Old version allows me to see when weeks are not populated shows availability. ANy ideas how to set up to show in landscape form?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  views & charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. How do I set up an email alert in the future?

Can I set an email reminder for 1 week from today? Or, an email reminder on the designated date of a future task (record)?
    Thanks.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. add an application user? I am trying to add a new user but their name is not appearing. Also, I want to delete deactivated users.cannot

How do I add an application user? I am trying to add a new user but their name is not appearing. Also, I want to delete deactivated users but cannot

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Calculating Duration of Time

Is there a way to calculate Time, (not Base-10 numbers)?

I have a user who tracks Total Run Time (TRT) for TV Programming, and we need to sum/add the durations of multiple TRT's in the format of HH:MM:SS (Base 60).

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  formulas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  views & charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Is there a way to set up user dashboards to just show the records of the user?

I have 4 sales guys and want to be able to use the same views for each on their dash but only have their files come up.

Currently they have 6 views with 6 filters to allocate files to each of them (so 24 views with 24 filters built to make it work)

Is there a way to set up a master dashboard which everyone logs into and they just see the files they are working on without having to replicate the whole setup for each user?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  dashboards  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. TrackVia API and Tableau Web Data Connector

Tableau just came out with a Web Data Connector that allows it to pull in JSON data and Rest APIs.
    See https://www.tableau.com/about/blog/2015/8/connect-just-about-any-web-data-new-web-data-connector-42246

Do any of the TrackVIa API experts know how it might be possible to push TrackVia data to Tableau using this option?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Create sub-folder in views

For my main Table I have created approx. 50 different views and about 15 of these are graphs/charts. I would like to have a way to organize these into sub-folders, so I can find the view I want to access quickly. I could have a "FY 14-15" folder, "FY 15-16" folder, etc. This would also improve navigation for my users who may not know what a specific view is named, but they could narrow their search down by viewing the content of category (i.e. sub-folder).

Having an icon next to the view name that visually depicts if is a graph,…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  1 comment  ·  views & charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sending/sharing/emailing a record or scheduled report as an attachment

Hello,

I work for a healthcare organization. One of our departments uses TrackVia on a near daily basis. We have very recently upgraded from the classic version to the Enterprise+ version.

Is there any way that we can use the "Share Record" feature, but instead of TrackVia printing out the data in the body of the email (the users have told me this can't be done for HIPAA reasons), the data can be sent as an attachment? Either a Word document or .csv or Excel spreadsheet is fine; it's just for our purposes, we cannot have the data printed out…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  views & charts  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Auotnumber and Text in calculated text

Can anyone please explain why this calculated text field formula works when Historic Order Number has a value but not when it's blank. I'm guessing it's something to do with the fact that Historic Order number is a text field whereas Order Number is an autonumber, however I can't find a to string function.

IF({Factory}="Toplink", "TLKNZ", IF({Factory}="Playmore", "PKNZ", IF({Factory}="Colaro", "CKNZ", IF({Factory}="Vithal", "VKNZ", "")))) & IF({Historic Order Number}="", {Order Number}, {Historic Order Number})

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  formulas  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Use location as a Table ID or pull address from location field and put into a separate field

When creating a record in my table, I use the location field (from google maps). I am not able to use Location as table ID. A possible work around would be to create a separate address field and populate it with the address from the location field. However, I am having trouble doing this.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  table relationships  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Can I limit the available options in a form field based on a user/user with criteria?

Can I create a user database containing country assignments for each user, then have a form field for another table have its dropdown options be dependent on the user filling the form in? Pretty much is a there a way to do a calculated field/calculated dropdown based on the user filling the form in?

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. 4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  app building  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. How do I create a field mask for phone numbers?

How do I create a field mask for phone numbers? i.e. (xxx) xxx-xxxx

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  forms  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base