How do I...?

Export a view with grouped data as it shows in TV instead of exporting as each individual record?

When creating views that group store records by region, they show at the region level in TV, but export as individual records under highlighted rows for each region but aren't summed so I then have to go into excel and re-sum each section. Is there a way to get a View to export at just the grouped level? I really don't want to create a new table just to make this happen.

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Aaron Link shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Cristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for reaching out with your question. At the moment, summary views will export as individual records instead of showing the same way it does in TrackVia. Depending on how you have your tables and relationships set up and what you are grouping by, you might be able to perform the calculations (sum/count/etc.) at the parent table level and then export a view at the parent level with the desired summed/counted information. If you would like further assistance with this, feel free to send us an email to support@trackvia.com. I have added a feature request to implement the grouped export functionality in TrackVia. If and when this is released, you will be notified.

Let us know if you have further questions.

Regards,

Cristina

Feedback and Knowledge Base