How do I...?

Pin open the paragraph field

Currently, paragraph fields are by shown, by default as one line. Would it be an easy adjustment to add into the view editing interface an option to pin open a paragraph field to a certain depth - the ability to change the width of table views is a similarly useful function.

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Patrick Christmas shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Patrick,

Unfortunately there's not a way to format the specific fields on a form in our current form builder. This is a common enhancement request that our product development team is working on to implement. While there isn't a specific timeline for this release, we are working to make it available by the end of the year. As always, we can keep you updated when more information regarding this enhancement is available.

Regards,

Alex

• Patrick Christmas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Thanks for the quick response, Alex.

I've seen where you can adjust the number of lines of text in a view. However, this only influences the height of the rows in "grid view" right? I was hoping to be able to change the height of the paragraph field while in a form or dashboard. I know you can drag the window open by clicking and holding the corner in the bottom-right, but I was wondering whether there was a way to to pin that open. (Would have attached pics if I could.) Thanks.

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Patrick,

There are a couple ways to see all the text in a paragraph field when in the grid view. When clicking into the paragraph field, TrackVia will automatically expand the field to make it easier to read all the text in the field from the grid view. The window that displays the text can also be expanded further by clicking and dragging from the bottom right of the paragraph field.

When editing the view, there is an option under the Format tab that will allow you to designate the height of each row manually. Manual adjustments will require a numerical value to indicate the number of lines you wish to see in each field.

Regards,

Alex

Feedback and Knowledge Base