How do I...?

Section Headers on Dashboards

I would like to be able to add a Section Header on dashboards. For Example: a current dashboard may contain data for 3 different pieces of data that belongs to one site. I want to be able to TITLE the sections - Section 1, Section 2, Section 3, so that when paging down the dashboard there is a specific division between the data.

The issue is that if I create a dashboard for each site with each piece of data I will have 18 different dashboards and that's just unwieldy to manage. Also, only 4 + 1 tab shows across the top of the home dashboard, which confuses my users. They have to pull down the "more" and find the dashboard they want.

2 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Marta Calvert shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • DJ commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Marta,

We just wanted to let you know your last request to show more than 4 Dashboard tabs was implemented. You will now see the tabs will span across the entire browser width prior to displaying the "more" drop-down menu.

Thank you for the feedback!

DJ

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Marta,

Naming different sections in a dashboard is a great suggestion! We'll pass this recommendation along to our product development team for future implementation and we can keep you informed as to when this enhancement will become available.

It is possible to limit the number of dashboards a site can see and use. It is also possible rearrange the order in which your users see their dashboards in the case where one site would like to see their dashboards first. Both of these changes are made in the Roles that the users are assigned.

The first section of the Role settings is where you can assign the dashboards that the users in the role can see and use. You can also rearrange the order of these dashboards by dragging and dropping the dashboards in the order that you want.

Regards,

Alex

Feedback and Knowledge Base