I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Comment section

It would be valuable to have a "General Notes" section in Trackvia in each customer file. I am coming across numerous instances when I want to note things on the account, but at the moment, there is no place to put any general notes. It would be good to have this option under each customer so that anybody who pulls up the file in Trackvia will be able to see any pertinent notes on the file.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Section to put "Contact name & position" in building departments section

When entering in new building departments, it would be helpful to have a spot where you can put "Contact Name & Position". Right now there are only spots to input phone numbers and email addresses.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. view

I would like to see the ability to be able to search for fields when I'm editing a view. It seems like that is the only place where we don't have the ability to search for a particular field.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Home button in the APP

I would like to have a HOME BUTTON in the APP. The way it is now, forces be to go back several pages before landing in the one I´m looking for.
    This substracts efficiency and user friendliness.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Include shared records as part of project notes

It would be helpful to see if we a previous follow-up to a project has already been sent. Without seeing shared records in project notes, we would have no way of knowing.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Localization Services

My app is multi-lingual (5 different languages). Now, I have 5 times as much tables, views and forms (we had to basically develop 5 apps) because TRACKVIA doesn´t support Localization services which are translation services that allow to have only 1 set of tables, views and forms.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Please add support for the Excel N() function to allow for users to insert notes about the formulas they create.

In the calculated fields of tables, it would be nice to be able to comment our formulas like you can in programming languages and even in Excel. In Excel, this is done through the N() function. You add the N("Insert Your Text Here") to the end of a formula to be able to go back at a later date and give yourself or your teammates an idea of the logic behind the function. This would be very useful when creating complex if() functions.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. RFID Scanning Capability

see you have barcode scanning capabilities what about RFID scanning?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add the "/ERD" as an option on the Relationships page

I noticed from the webinars that we can add "/ERD" to the end of the URL when on the Relationships page and get a relationship diagram. As this is a very useful feature it would be nice to have this as a "clickable" option rather than type in the URL each time. This would make it easier to switch back and forth between the diagram and the create relationship page.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Cascade deletions

We're finding that orphaned records are accumulating at a rapid rate, especially as we increase our use of Apps Scripts, and it is having a negative effect on data integrity (as well as wasting time sorting user error from intentional orphaning).

It would be great to have the option to automatically delete all child records upon the deletion of the parent, or to enable App Script to accomplish the same.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Adding search or filter feature to child views on forms

It would be EXTREMELY helpful to be able to search child views on a form. Also being able to open the child view to a full screen view to filter and search would be helpful as well. It would make it so much easier to quickly go through multiple tables to find information from a single form.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Filtered Lookups to User Table User Group Field

I would like the ability to have filtered lookups on the User Group field (on a Form) as we can do for other parent/child join fields.

There many types of User Groups that we can create, and the current lookup will display them all.

There are times when we may only want to display a certain type.
    Example: Geographic Region groups

In this example, we would not want to see other group types, such as Support Teams or Departments, such as, Development, QA, Operations, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Print Child View from within Parent Form

I would like the ability to print a Child View from within the Parent record form.
    The Child View is already "filtered" to display only the records associated with the Parent record being looked at. We can already do limited updates (edit/delete), but we not able to print.
    The workaround, and time consuming, is to go the full version of this Child View, which displays all records, and apply the same filtering that was in place from the Parent, then print.
    Its much easier to print right from the filtered View/record we are aleady looking at.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Password Policy Requirements on Reset Screen

The password reset screen does not display any of the requirements from the new Password Policy Configurations (see two screenshots).

I'd like to see the password reset screen list the requirements placed on the account by the Sysadmin. Examples: X number of characters, lowercase, uppercase, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Calculated User Group field

Expanding on the new User Group fields, it would be nice to have calculated User Group fields so we can dynamically set this field to one/many User Groups automatically based on other values/conditions in the record to be used for Views, Dashboards, etc.

(From: John McGarvey - I'm out of votes)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Select All Roles in Notification Rule

As I begin using the "Is Current User" and the "One Of The Current User's Groups" filters for the purpose of sending notifications to only those involved with the record, it would be nice to have an option in the Notification Rule configuration to "Add All Roles" (Select All) so we don't have to manually add all Roles one at a time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Send Notifications to User Group

We need the ability to send notifications to the new User Groups. Currently, we can only send notifications to individual users or Roles.

By allowing notifications to be sent to User Groups, we (admins)(w)should only have to create 1 report/view, and let the system send to only those users where the specific User Group on the record is one of the user's User Group (based on filtering).

This is a huge time savings for us instead of creating multiple Views all based on different sets of filtering. Example: I have a use case to send a notification to differing groups…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. manage user - should be similar to a table

i need to be able to export the list of users and status

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. how do i Automatically link new records entered into a child table (many) to a record in the parent table all within the same app?

I have a parent table with each record containing a barcode and descriptions / pictures of the item.

I have a child table where i will scan barcodes that are in the parent everyday. it would be great if every time i created a record in the child table and scanned the barcode, that the record would automatically link to the appropriate barcode in the parent table.

Is this possible? Thanks very much!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Admins Need To Have Ability To Use A Separate Record ID For Imports

Admins need to have the ability to import via a separate record ID than what is displayed for end-users.

For better usability, most Record ID's are setup with multiple fields; such as, Auto Number, Category Field, Another Field.

However, for an admin, we often export large amounts of data, update in a spreadsheet, then need to import back in.
    In the current setup, we must include all the fields that used in the Record ID, even if they are not the fields being updated. If we don't remember to include them, then all the work done in the spreadsheets is…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Feedback and Knowledge Base