I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. User Home Page

I would like to see a new feature to allow the creation of User Home Pages custom filtered to just the logged-in user's assigned records (via the TrackVia User field).

This "dashboard" page would be separate from the individual dashboards within each application, and would span across all applications the user has access to. A single location to see everything assigned to them.

This would need to be driven from the user account level and utilize some type of childlookup function to find any record, from any application, across the entire account (or only those apps the user has permissions…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Create many-to-many relationships without using a 'join table'

We would like to maintain a table of staff members, as well as a table of activities that are associated with a project. We would like to associated one or more staff members with an activity. Right now, the only way to do this is by creating a 'join table' which makes data entry for our PMs very confusing and time consuming. Why can't we just have the ability to associate a record with multiple records from another table?

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. User's Guide for the Limited Role

I found the User's Guide at: https://trackvia-uservoice-images.s3.amazonaws.com/GettingStartedGuide_PDF.pdf

This Guide is geared to an Admin level user.

Is there another (higher level) Guide for Limited Users who need basic How-To tips, like: Menus, Navigation, etc without the detailed Admin functions like Table creation, Views, Filters?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Open a new tab for forms to edit item information

Whenever I want to open a form (I click the link to ASIN) to edit information I have to remember to right click and say open in new tab. If I forget this step (as I do often, right click is not as frequently used) and hit the back button it drops me into the table at the beginning, even if I have been on page 4 or 6 etc.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Create a Filter for Dropdown Menus in a New Record

We would love to see a way to filter the dropdown options when filling out a new record. One of the New Records on a Dashboard of ours requires the user to enter the employee assigned to the information being added. There are only a handful of employees that apply to this specific job, yet they have to scroll through the alphabetized list of all 64 employees to find the specific individual.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. In App Communication Tools

When is TrackVia planning to Add In-App Communication (Chat) to collaborate with others in their TrackVia CRM, PM and other custom apps?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Ability to remove dashboards from dropdown list for certain users

Right now any user sees all dashboards in the drop down even if they don't have permission for the tables. We should be able to select who will see those... its cluttered and confusing otherwise

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Gantt charts in trackvia classic, based on two date fields. Moving the chart changes the date fields.

Gantt charts in trackvia classic, based on two date fields. Moving the chart changes the date fields.

Currently we have to manually enter TV data into teamgantt or ms project. This would make Trackvia a much more powerful tool.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Add auto sign out after so long?

This is very easy to implement. I am a developer and could do this for you its that easy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. one click on your app and you can save your favorit site or file but it is not save in a file it will creat a mini privat app on your desct

one click on your app and you can save your favorite site, or file or picture but it is not save in a file it will create a mini private app on your screen. unlimited creating everything .
    and that will be your personal private app store. u control.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Text Mask for Field Input

For fields like phone numbers, etc., that follow a certain pattern that you might want to enforce, it would be very helpful to have the ability to create a text mask. This is common in many other systems and forms (wufoo for example). It would make data much cleaner. An example:

I want phone numbers to follow the 555-555-5555 convention rather than just allowing people to put whatever they type (dots, no spaces, parenthesis, etc.). I also want to ensure that it's 12 characters long (10 plus the parenthesis). Having a text mask that would enforce this convention would be…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Form For Easy Search Involving Multiple Criteria

For many end-users, creating a filter is a bit too complicated. Accordingly, I prefer serving up all functionality to my end-users via designed workflows and dashboards. However, many times, our people are speaking with customer prospects that want to know what of the thousands of products we carry meet their various criteria. This could easily involve 10 criteria (ex. Style, Fabric, Territory, Price, Certifications, Manufacturer...). I propose that TrackVia enable end users to search for records based on multiple criteria by entering them in a blank data entry that is placed in "Search Mode." Using the same data entry form…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Keyboard Retraction On Android Mobile App

When creating a new record on the Android Mobile App, there is no way for a user to retract the keyboard display when they are finished entering in data. This lacking feature causes the save and add a new button to be covered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Dual Purpose User Table

Any thought to expanding the use of the User Table to be dual purpose?:
    -- User Access
    -- General contact information

If the table had set system fields for the User Account (as it does now), then allowed us to add additional fields for such things as profile attributues, LTP and Child tables, etc like we have in other Employee/Contact tables, then a simple User Account Activation Flag would enable the User rights pieces, otherwise when the flag is in the "Off" position, the record is just a plain Employee or Contact as it would be in another table.

This…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Notifications in App Center

Be able to see all of your notifications in the app center to edit them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Assign attributes to users

It would be nice to be able to add custom fields to the user table. For instancy, to put a person's email address, title or manager. We have a use case where we want to show all projects assigned to direct reports of the current user.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Apply view "default" format to other views

I would like to see the ability to copy a view layout and apply it to another view that is created already and have the option if it would replace the filter or not. That way if you have 10-20 views that you want to have all the columns widths and column locations the same you can apply it to a group of views and allow the sorting, filters, and notifications to remain with each of the views if you choose.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Enable Charts to read and display a "Rounded Number" from Calculated Number Field

Enable Charts to read and display a "Rounded Number" from Calculated Number Field

When creating a chart off of a view that has rounded calculated numbers, the charts should display the sum of the rounded calculated numbers as rounded numbers. Right now you still get a long string of digits, even if your calculated field is rounded to, in my case, 2 decimal points in the calculated number.

Spoke to a service rep on the phone today and was told that charts don't care if the number is rounded or not, the charts do not use the rounded numbers.

Seems…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Add multiple child records by selecting multiple entries in a parent view

It would be really handy to be able to create multiple child rows (e.g. asset tracking events for serial tracked assets) based on a current selection of parent rows (i.e. the assets you want to create a similar tracking event for).

I understand that a similar effect could be achieved with a few extra tables to group assets together, but the ability to do this quickly in an ad hoc fashion would make the system vastly more flexible and rapid to perform common tasks.

Additionally, these asset tracking 'groups' tend to not have any long term significance (maybe a tracking…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Allow Filters for Top % or Top number similar to excel pivot table choices

In excel I am able to view data based on top % or top # and I enter a value for say top 5, top 10, top 20. I don't see this functionality unless I'm missing something. In particular when analyzing spend data on 1000s of suppliers one might only care about the top 10 etc. there's no function to support this.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Feedback and Knowledge Base