I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

1. Form Selection for a Specific View

I like the ability to change which form I see when manipulating data in a particular view. However, is it possible to designate a specific form for a specific view rather than having the default form always come up first and then having to change?

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. When I open the "View List" or list of views it is alphabetical order, Can you do that with all the lists

Make all dropdown lists on the ADMIN tab in alphabetical order. It is really hard to find a certain filter when there is not order to the list.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Export Directly From a View

I would like to see the ability to export directly while working on a View, and not have to back out and go to the App Overview page.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Create Parent Record from Child Lookup

I would like to see the ability to create a record in a parent table from the child link-to-parent lookup (if the needed record doesn't exist).

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Browser-based Horizontal Scroll Bar

I would like to see the horizontal scroll bar (on tables and views) be dependent on the size of the browser and not the number of rows returned.

Currently, if the number of rows returned (25, 50, 100) exceed the size of the browser, we must use the vertical scroll bar to reach the bottom. If the records of interest are near the top of the results, they scroll up (off the page) before we see the horizontal scroll bar to move to the right to the fields we need to edit.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quick Search on Drop Down Values

When I do a quick search on a table, I'd like to be able to search by the values of my drop-down fields. For example, if one field has a drop down menu of "Cats", "Dogs", "Birds", I'd like to be able to "Search within the table" for "Cats". Right now, this is not possible and it is decreasing the usability of my tables. Thanks!

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Easy To Configure Alerts

Currently, the ability to generate an email alert based on entered data such as a date, requires the creation of at least two calculation fields (Calculated Date and Calculated Number) for each such 'trigger' field.

It's time consuming and difficult for non-programmer users. I've seen in other competing services the capability, via a field or table-level properties menu to toggle on and configure trigger email and/or SMS alerts based on a date.

There are many applications, but one use case example is: Send me task reminder email 3 days before the Estimated Shipping Date to call and confirm shipment is…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Scheduled Reports

I'd like to see Scheduled Reports implemented in the Pro platform as is currently in the Classic platform.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Android

Mobile app (tablet) support for platforms beyond just iPad.

21 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’re delighted to announce that we have published the first generation of our Android app to Google Play yesterday!

We have much more planned for this app in the coming months, including streamlined parent-child data workflows and reporting, geo fields and mapping, and much more.

You can download the TrackVia Android app by accessing this link or searching for TrackVia in the store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xvia.android

Please suggest any enhancements to this app you would like to see in the future!

10. Click Parent Link in Form Goes to Parent Record

I would like to see the ability to click a field in a form (link-to-parent field) and be taken to that parent record.

Currently, clicking the link only gives the ability to edit the field, but no way to actually go up to the parent record.

The only way I've found to do this is form the Table or View screens, but not from the individual record (Form).

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Center Justify Nested Containers on Forms

I would like to see nested containers (on Forms) to to be center justified (or give the Sysadmin the option).

Currently, a second level (inner) Container is left-justified within the first-level (outer) container. This results in an uneven right-side margin - very visible when using different background colors for each container.

See screenshot.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Drop down menu fields to allow keyboard entry

When tabbing to a drop down field, I can not use the arrow keys to scroll through the list. I have to use my mouse.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Easy Wufoo Integration

We use Wufoo for our forms (front-end). Would like a Wufoo integration to Trackvia since our registration system requires frequent updates with new records. And with the integration, clear documentation on implementation for people who are not IT types.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Multiple column forms

Classic TrackVia allowed for multiple columns to allow fields to show side by side which was great for semantic grouping.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Shorter, useful Meta Titles

Currently the Meta Titles that appear in browser tabs read: "Trackvia Pro | Home", "Trackvia Pro | Record" or "TrackVia Pro | Employees" for example.

With multiple tabs open, in a typical laptop screen these titles start getting cutoff with more than 5 tabs open. As a logged in user, the branding is unnecessary. What would be more useful would be "App Name Home", "Employees View", "New Employee" respectively.

You can tack the branding at the end, i.e. "New Employee | App Name | TrackVia Pro. I know this is nitpicky, but when designing a new app with multiple tabs…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Required Input for Lookup Fields & All Upper/Lower Case Formulas

I'd really like to see an option in form creation where you can make a look-up field for a parent-child record required. Also, it would be great if we had toupper and tolower formulas that we could use in calculated text fields. These formulas would ensure all characters are either all upper or all lower case respectively. Both of these suggestions would greatly improve our data consistency and accuracy.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Easier editing of multiple records

Members of our team constantly receives updates to the items in our database. One such update may contain 500-1000 item changes. Currently we have not found a way quickly update these records. We are literally going through the database view and finding the record, clicking the record, editing the item, save it, repeat 650 more times.

Favorite suggestion would be to make the "spreadsheet" view of the database editable so that someone could copy/paste to multiple rows or quickly tab through the records.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

on 5/2/14 we released some enhancements that allow for (1) bulk editing of records and (2) editing data directly in the grid view.

We hope this addresses your comment, but let us know if there are more improvements we can make in this area. Thank you!

18. Ability to format number fields

The number fields are very hard to read. We should have the ability to add commas, align to the right and limit the number of decimal points (in calucations).

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. 3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

On 5/2/14 we released some printing layout improvements for both record forms and views. If you use your browser’s print function, you should now see a more well-formatted print layout. But, let us know if there are further enhancements to consider in this area. Thank you!

20. Link between two tables

When there are two tables created it would be helpful if you can link the tables so that when a new record is added it automatically gets added to another table, this then prevents having to enter records numerous times in other tables.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base