I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

1. Create a "trash" folder/area where deleted records can be recovered when they are deleted accidentally.

Provide ability for a user to recover a record that has been previously deleted.

53 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    under review  ·  7 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Connect to Google Drive for documents

Instead of just uploading a document from the computer, I'd love to see a connection to cloud services, namely Google Drive, so that documents can be attached. I know there's some of this in the iPad app. Let's extend it to the browser, and add Google Drive.

51 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Create many-to-many relationships without using a 'join table'

We would like to maintain a table of staff members, as well as a table of activities that are associated with a project. We would like to associated one or more staff members with an activity. Right now, the only way to do this is by creating a 'join table' which makes data entry for our PMs very confusing and time consuming. Why can't we just have the ability to associate a record with multiple records from another table?

46 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    12 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Duplicate App

When will we be able to duplicate apps?

42 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  0 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. document merge

Please add back in the document merge function that was present in Track Via Classic. Using Zapier with WEbMerge is not a valid option given the extreme expense of WebMerge. Be able to produce documents from within a product should be a no brainer. Please bring this back, as the lack of this feature will cause us to look elsewhere

41 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Ability to include grandparent fields in grandchild tables and forms

Lets say I have a table (T1) with a parent table (P1), which in turn has a parent table P2. I'd like for the ability to pull fields from P2 into T1's table, forms and views easily. Right now I have to pull them into P1 first before I can use them in T1.

30 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Text Mask for Field Input

For fields like phone numbers, etc., that follow a certain pattern that you might want to enforce, it would be very helpful to have the ability to create a text mask. This is common in many other systems and forms (wufoo for example). It would make data much cleaner. An example:

I want phone numbers to follow the 555-555-5555 convention rather than just allowing people to put whatever they type (dots, no spaces, parenthesis, etc.). I also want to ensure that it's 12 characters long (10 plus the parenthesis). Having a text mask that would enforce this convention would be…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Duplicate App and/or made parent app

Until you get the ability to group users. It would be great to be able to duplicate apps easily. An upgrade to that would be to have a parent app and have all the changes cascade to the child apps. That way we only have to maintain one app when having multiple clients that need admin access to the same app.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to see assigned Roles from User Account

I would like to have the ability to see the Roles a user is assigined to while managing the User's Account?
    Currently, we have to through each separate Role to find them.

17 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Have Working Days as a unit for formulas

At the moment the 'units' in the date formulas include days, weeks, months, years etc...but not working days. This would be hugely beneficial to business' !

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Calculated Links to Parents

Classic introduced the idea that a record could be linked via computed value (when first created). Linking a child record to the host of parents that are often logically connected is prone to error, but more importantly is something my users aren't willing to do.

For example, if I link a Support ticket to a Contact, it makes sense that the Ticket would link, in turn, to that Contact's parent Account - without the user having to enter the information. You were almost there on this feature in Classic - why is it absent here?

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. user management - delete users

Please can you include a feature to delete users in the Manage User function (as exists in Classic). I am very surprised that it is not already there - surely add, edit and delete are the minimum features needed here?.

15 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Add piece of HTML / Text / image to dashboard as widget.

We're able to add webpages in a widget, but I would love to add HTML or pictures, or even just some text as a widget to dashboards.

This way I could write explanation / rules for all my users about the views and forms I put on the dashboards.

We work in 6 different locations throughout Japan and the rest of the world, so it's very hard to make sure everyone uses everything correctly.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Admins Need To Have Ability To Use A Separate Record ID For Imports

Admins need to have the ability to import via a separate record ID than what is displayed for end-users.

For better usability, most Record ID's are setup with multiple fields; such as, Auto Number, Category Field, Another Field.

However, for an admin, we often export large amounts of data, update in a spreadsheet, then need to import back in.
    In the current setup, we must include all the fields that used in the Record ID, even if they are not the fields being updated. If we don't remember to include them, then all the work done in the spreadsheets is…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Create a Filter for Dropdown Menus in a New Record

We would love to see a way to filter the dropdown options when filling out a new record. One of the New Records on a Dashboard of ours requires the user to enter the employee assigned to the information being added. There are only a handful of employees that apply to this specific job, yet they have to scroll through the alphabetized list of all 64 employees to find the specific individual.

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    8 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Add the "/ERD" as an option on the Relationships page

I noticed from the webinars that we can add "/ERD" to the end of the URL when on the Relationships page and get a relationship diagram. As this is a very useful feature it would be nice to have this as a "clickable" option rather than type in the URL each time. This would make it easier to switch back and forth between the diagram and the create relationship page.

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. view

I would like to see the ability to be able to search for fields when I'm editing a view. It seems like that is the only place where we don't have the ability to search for a particular field.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Form For Easy Search Involving Multiple Criteria

For many end-users, creating a filter is a bit too complicated. Accordingly, I prefer serving up all functionality to my end-users via designed workflows and dashboards. However, many times, our people are speaking with customer prospects that want to know what of the thousands of products we carry meet their various criteria. This could easily involve 10 criteria (ex. Style, Fabric, Territory, Price, Certifications, Manufacturer...). I propose that TrackVia enable end users to search for records based on multiple criteria by entering them in a blank data entry that is placed in "Search Mode." Using the same data entry form…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Batch Printing / Document Merge

Being able to print the forms for all records in a view would be extremely beneficial. Being able to do this and at the same time do a merge with a template from word or something similar to format an invoice or the like would be HUGE

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. More than one form for Limited Roles

Allow permission for limited users to use more than one form to enter records into a table.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1 3 4 5 6
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Categories