I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

1. Send Notifications to User Group

We need the ability to send notifications to the new User Groups. Currently, we can only send notifications to individual users or Roles.

By allowing notifications to be sent to User Groups, we (admins)(w)should only have to create 1 report/view, and let the system send to only those users where the specific User Group on the record is one of the user's User Group (based on filtering).

This is a huge time savings for us instead of creating multiple Views all based on different sets of filtering. Example: I have a use case to send a notification to differing groups…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Section to put "Contact name & position" in building departments section

When entering in new building departments, it would be helpful to have a spot where you can put "Contact Name & Position". Right now there are only spots to input phone numbers and email addresses.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Comment section

It would be valuable to have a "General Notes" section in Trackvia in each customer file. I am coming across numerous instances when I want to note things on the account, but at the moment, there is no place to put any general notes. It would be good to have this option under each customer so that anybody who pulls up the file in Trackvia will be able to see any pertinent notes on the file.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  4. Checkbox vs. Dropdown - Formatting

I would like to so improved/consistent formatting on Views, Scheduled Reports, and Sharing when using a Drop-down field vs. a Checkbox.

Currently, a Drop-down will display the selected value, or the field is blank if no values were selected.

However, the use of Checkboxes will always display opening and closing brackets enclosing the value, or only the brackets if unchecked.

I'd like to have the brackets removed so we only see the value, or blank, on Checkbox fields.

See attached as samples.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Default a date field on a form to another date field

Like when you're buying a round-trip airplane ticket- the 'return flight' defaults to after the date of your outgoing flight. I'd like to able to set a date field in a form to default to the value entered in another date field already.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. User's Guide for the Limited Role

I found the User's Guide at: https://trackvia-uservoice-images.s3.amazonaws.com/GettingStartedGuide_PDF.pdf

This Guide is geared to an Admin level user.

Is there another (higher level) Guide for Limited Users who need basic How-To tips, like: Menus, Navigation, etc without the detailed Admin functions like Table creation, Views, Filters?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Select All Roles in Notification Rule

As I begin using the "Is Current User" and the "One Of The Current User's Groups" filters for the purpose of sending notifications to only those involved with the record, it would be nice to have an option in the Notification Rule configuration to "Add All Roles" (Select All) so we don't have to manually add all Roles one at a time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. Redesign the "Votes" for this Forum Site

This is not a TrackVia issue, but the design of this Forum site, but I don't know who the provider is.

Currently, users are given a certain number of "votes" that get used when:
    1) Voting on other user's suggestions
    2) Adding comments to posts
    3) Creating your own posts

The problem is once you run out of "votes", you can't post anything new to the forums. This "feature" limits activity to the site.

A better option would be to have:
    1) System restriction to allow only 1 vote for another user's posts
    2. No "votes" needed to post a…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Font Style on Notification Rules

I see that the font style for the field values in Notifications Rules is different than the rest of template.
    The template looks to be Arial, but the field values look to be Times New Roman (some similar style).
    Is is possible to have everything the same font style? It makes it look more polished.
    See attachment.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dual Purpose User Table

Any thought to expanding the use of the User Table to be dual purpose?:
    -- User Access
    -- General contact information

If the table had set system fields for the User Account (as it does now), then allowed us to add additional fields for such things as profile attributues, LTP and Child tables, etc like we have in other Employee/Contact tables, then a simple User Account Activation Flag would enable the User rights pieces, otherwise when the flag is in the "Off" position, the record is just a plain Employee or Contact as it would be in another table.

This…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Modified Options Menu for 100% Read-Only Accounts

I have a use case for setting up accounts that are 100% read-only for some of our business partners external to our Company.

To allow this, we need to remove some of the current features from the Options Menu: Notifications and Lanes.

Can these features (and any future features) be a level of permissions granted within the Role the user is a member of, and any new features should be turned off (inactive) by default within the Role?

This will allow us to present data and features that they cannot modify, print, export, copy, share or to change how the…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Suppress <BLANK> Fields Errors in the Import Results File

Its a given that blank fields in the source file will not import into the system.
    It would be good to suppress these types of errors from the Import Results file so we don't have to look through them when there is no action for us to take.

The record ID "<BLANK>" does not uniquely match a value in the parent table ......

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. use special characters with ischecked() formula

You cannot use any special characters in ischecked() like "/" or "("...

When trying:
    ischecked("A / B (C)",{Field})
    It says: "A \/ B \(C\)" does not exist.

When trying:
    ischecked("無い",{Field})
    It says: "\?\?" does not exist...

Please at least let me use the english characters like slashes and brackets........

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Option to not display the lock icon in read-only fields

It would be nice to be able to remove the lock option in read-only fields on forms. It's pretty large and unsightly, and I imagine there's a better way to indicate to the user that they cannot edit that field.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Vertical Scroll Bars

The vertical scroll bars need to be made larger. It is nearly impossible to scroll down through a view with the tiny scroll bars when on a tablet computer without a mouse with a scroll wheel or a touch pad.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Expand the Quick Search Box to Include Record ID / Link To Parent Fields

I would like to see the ability for the Quick Search Box to also search the Link To Parent values.

During my testing, I've found that the LTP Record ID values are not found when searching. This means I need to include a "duplicate" field in my View to display the same value already displayed in the left column link fields.

Having this search capability means we do not have to have oversized Views with duplicate columns.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Recommend Improvements to the Form Builder Color Palette

The current color palette in the Form Builder is very difficult:

- The palette opens over the text box so I am unable to key in the Hex value.
    - The palette cannot be moved
    - Most times the palette is very slow of non-responsive

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. 24 Hour Clock

I have a customer request to have the date/time field display as a 24 hours clock instead of 12am/12pm.

Is there a way of doing this?

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. App Admin toolbar to stay visible until hidden

Depending on what I click, the app admin toolbar hides itself. This is frustrating when developing an app. Please make it "pinnable" so it stays put until I choose to hide it.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Form text box widget

For the text box widget:
    - please increase character limit from 255
    - formatting such as bold, underline, italic, color etc.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base