I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

1. view

I would like to see the ability to be able to search for fields when I'm editing a view. It seems like that is the only place where we don't have the ability to search for a particular field.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    4 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Column Headers - Please allow "Wrap Text"

It would be very helpful in viewing a table if the column header text would wrap like the record fields. Currently, the column headers are truncated until the user manually drags the column width wider. This creates too much unnecessary work and causes the table to display too much empty space. The user has to continually scroll left and right to view a table. This issue is especially troublesome when a column is grouped or summed, etc. Thank you for your attention to this matter!

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Form For Easy Search Involving Multiple Criteria

For many end-users, creating a filter is a bit too complicated. Accordingly, I prefer serving up all functionality to my end-users via designed workflows and dashboards. However, many times, our people are speaking with customer prospects that want to know what of the thousands of products we carry meet their various criteria. This could easily involve 10 criteria (ex. Style, Fabric, Territory, Price, Certifications, Manufacturer...). I propose that TrackVia enable end users to search for records based on multiple criteria by entering them in a blank data entry that is placed in "Search Mode." Using the same data entry form…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Batch Printing / Document Merge

Being able to print the forms for all records in a view would be extremely beneficial. Being able to do this and at the same time do a merge with a template from word or something similar to format an invoice or the like would be HUGE

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Be able to select "current logged in user" as "default value" in a user field on a form.

As "default value" for a user field, we can currently only choose from an actual user.
    But I'd like the default value to be the "logged in user".

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. I would like to see a time only field. the Date and Time field is a duplication and leads to errors when dates are entered incorrectly.

I would like to see a time only field. the Date and Time field leads to errors when dates are entered incorrectly.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. More than one form for Limited Roles

Allow permission for limited users to use more than one form to enter records into a table.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. See a list of which fields are used in which filters.

I have so many filters, but if I change a field, sometimes my filters and view break without me knowing it. I need a way to be able to check which filters use which fields.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Include image thumbnails in map labels. Also include more edit-ability in map labels. Add heat maps

Mapped points do not display labels unless hovered over. often times you would want to see all labels simultaneously. Also, the hover box is very limited in the fields that it displays, and reflects the top 2 items in the view. this should be expanded upon to easily add/remove more fields, and also to include image fields. Heat map functionality would also be very beneficial for planning/analysis.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Add Conditional Group(s) to Filters

Currently you are only able to have two levels of Conditional Groups in Filters. This needs to be increased to AT LEAST three levels. There are many cases that are not possible with just two levels. When creating a workflow that moves records from step to step, some fields in the workflow might need to be conditional. For instance, let's say the end-user is usually required to upload a Purchase Order unless that customer is under contract. So, in the form you'd have a "Under Contract" check box and field to upload the purchase order. The idea is that if…

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. share records

When sharing records it would helpful if there was tracking to see if/when a record is shared and who it was shared with. It is especially helpful to communicate information in TrackVia with a non-user who is a customer or vendor, but there is no record that the activity took place.

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. 8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Python 3.x API Updates

I would love to see the python sdk get updated to work with python 3.x. I am building a customer facing app (to serve up some of our customer data) using django and they drop support for python2.7 in 2020. Please update the sdk for python3!!!

9 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. More chart to table options

Give the option to convert a table to a chart and vice versa rather than creating a new view. Additionally, please add the ability to add multiple chart using different data arrays and still have them grouped under one single view instead of a bunch of views for a bunch of different charts.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. manage user - should be similar to a table

i need to be able to export the list of users and status

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Give users access to record history.

Allow users without admin access to view the history of a record.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Schedule uploads

The ability to schedule automatic record updates/additions by accessing excel file stored in a place like dropbox

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Permissions: Edit only own records (View other user's but no edit)

Now the permissions to choose from are “View only” “View & Edit” “View, Edit & Delete”.
    WE NEED a 4th and 5th option:
    ・View all & Edit only records of current user
    ・View all & Edit only records of users of the same role

I think this feature is required by almost every company.
    I really need this function to be able to stop my users from editing records of other users. Or with a small team, to be able to stop teams from editing the records the other teams make.

Apparently, after some back and forth with support it's…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Form printing

Printing forms is great feature. Unfortunately, the spacing between rows of fields AND sections of the form is so generous that my forms that should print on one page are being spread out over two pages.

When a section is hidden from the form because of the result of a show/hide rule, there is additional spacing where that section would have been if it weren't hidden.

Also, when a form has a "view section" the view section box is enormous whether there is one child record or several.

The form printing feature may be improved if the row spacing was…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Easily customized database export

So many great updates like matching categories on import and searchable tables beyond the first 100 results. thanks

The one thing that would make TrackVia near perfect for our business would be the ability to easily customize the list for export based on factors.

For instance, we have mailing to go out and we want to target a certain market, number range etc. we can just pick each database row and customize the export parameters.

ie. Mail to A-J last names on our list, in Phoenix and Scottsdale, unit counts 50-250 who haven't been contacted in 4 months. (all current…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base