I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

1. Create vCard attachment for person records

I would like to be able to download a vCard for a person record in a person table. It would likely require either a custom table type, or the ability to map fields from a table to vcard fields--perhaps in a separate wizard in the admin area.

It could be implemented on forms or views using a custom field type.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. modify a record in zapier

It would be very helpful to modify existing records. But really this is a work around for not having a calculated user field in my case. For example.. if I am using TrackVia to dispatch people... I need a way to unassign it at the end of the day if the record is not signed off (ie a condition is not met)

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Shared Views - Improving the Look of the Email

When sharing a view, the columns expand so much that not all fields show and the data wraps (regardless of how the view looks in TrackVia. The only way to accurately display the info is if the person is a user in the system.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Fields, Groups and Totals - Export to Excel feature not available?

Hi, As i plug along transitioning from Classic to the new platform, I have discovered an alarming capability that is apparently unavailable in 2.0.
    I have many Classic users that use the "Fields, Groups, and Totals" tab under "Modify View" to group and total sales and expense figures by location, entity, etc. They then export these views, grouped and totaled, to excel, where it can be emailed to third parties (such as lenders).

I am now discovering that the "Format" tab has replaced the "Fields, Groups and Totals" feature in the new platform. I need to group specific fields and…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Dynamic notification recipients

It would be great to be able to delivery notifications dynamically to an email address contained in a field in the record that triggers the notification, instead of only to a predetermined person/role.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Email blast

I'd there to be an option so that all emails can be grouped at once, and email blasted as well. As an copy/pastable email cluster, or something like that. My employer would like an easy way to collect all our emails, put them into one list, and email them all.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Quick Filters for mobile

Currently there's only a search option. Since navigation is more difficult on mobile, it would be very very helpful to have this availability

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Grouping views by more than one field

If you group a view by more than one field, I feel each additional group should be a subgroup of the 1st that requires a drill in to get to.

Instead of everything on one level like it is now:

Group 1 Item 1; Group 2 Item 1
    Group 1 Item 1; Group 2 Item 2
    Group 1 Item 2; Group 2 Item 1
    Group 1 Item 2; Group 2 Item 2

It should work like this:

+Group 1 Item 1;
    - Group 2 Item 1
    - Group 2 Item 2
    + Group 1 Item 2;
    - Group 2 Item…

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow a developer to include "comments" to a field in table setup mode

Could each field not have the ability to include a comment accessible only from the table setup?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Increase the size of handles on scroll bars

Both Horizontal and Vertical scroll bars are hard to use. Navigation would be easier if these were widened.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Alternating row formatting

For large tables, it would be helpful if we had the option to have every other row be shaded differently. Would definitely improve user experience.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. URGENT - Security Issue with Passwords

TrackVia does not force any kind of password strength requirements right now. It looks like it will even accept 'password' as a password. It's very important that this is fixed, since there's no way we can check if our users are using secure passwords.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Ad subform to form (add multiple products from the same table in one form)

If I could add multiple products from the same table in one order form, it would take less time.

The situation now is like this:

When I have a customer that buys one product I need one form to do that (Connect product table and costumer table via Sales Order Form). But when I have one customer that buys multiple products I have te repeat the proces multiple times (One product per form).

Kind regards,

M. Cooiman

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Upload multiple documents to one document field

Upload multiple documents to one document field. I hate having to add multiple fields for images, etc.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Apps Script access to auto-counter, triggered and calculated fields

Fairly simple: Apps Script isn't as useful as it could be without being able to access every field in each table. If you use an auto-counter or triggered field for a record ID, you are currently unable to load that record in an apps script (e.g. using loadrecord(), etc).

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Assign attributes to users

It would be nice to be able to add custom fields to the user table. For instancy, to put a person's email address, title or manager. We have a use case where we want to show all projects assigned to direct reports of the current user.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Add images to forms

On a production site, we are using Trackvia forms as work instructions that can record the operations have been correctly done.
    Some time a text like "Check the tightness of the screws" is not enougth to guide the operator.
    That why we would appreciate to have the ability to add pictures in the forms (as template)

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Integrate with Tableau

The existing visualizations options are limited and difficult to build. Creating an API that links TrackVia date with Tablau data visualization software would allow the the creation of more advanced interactive visualizations.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Other Option for Checkboxes

It would be super-helpful to allow an "Other" option on checkboxes that allowed something to be typed-in if that was selected. A sample is attached in a screenshot.

Right now, I just add an "Other" text field, but it's not ideal.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add multiple child records by selecting multiple entries in a parent view

It would be really handy to be able to create multiple child rows (e.g. asset tracking events for serial tracked assets) based on a current selection of parent rows (i.e. the assets you want to create a similar tracking event for).

I understand that a similar effect could be achieved with a few extra tables to group assets together, but the ability to do this quickly in an ad hoc fashion would make the system vastly more flexible and rapid to perform common tasks.

Additionally, these asset tracking 'groups' tend to not have any long term significance (maybe a tracking…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base