How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

duplicates

25 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

12 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Fred commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any update on this? I don't see a duplicate finder in the new trackvia. Very frustrating.

• Jennifer Bishop commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There appears to be no 'Find Duplicates' feature in the new version of TrackVia which was something my team frequently utilized to avoid having duplicate data. We need this feature as we have tables with over 200,000 records, so it's not practical to eyeball these. Not sure why functionality that was available in Classic appears to have been taken away. Not a good practice for a business.

• Jake Marwil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Bob,

Although in May the development had started, it was pushed back due to other priorities. We currently do not have a specific time frame for when we pick this project back up, but we understand this would be a very useful feature and will be sure to keep you in the loop with any updates.

Regards,

Jake

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has this duplicate search tool been developed for Express yet?

• Derrick Kotlus commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Cameron,

You will be glad to hear that this is already in development! Be on the lookout for the feature in the near future!

Derrick

• Cameron commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agreed, plus be able to match fields on upload. For instance # of cars on my CSV, but listed as Number of cars in my table. So you would be able to match each field.

Capsule CRM among others have this function, if you want a reference

• Kristin Lynch commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'd like the ability to easily remove duplicates AND have the import process recognize updates to existing records – and stop adding these as new records.

• Bryan Dreller commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Got it, thank you for clarifying. This will be something we tackle in Express in the coming months but haven't yet scheduled. When the time comes, would you be open to discussing your view of an ideal scenario we can work towards?

• Nik commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Yes, I would like to see a tool that helps us identify and manage duplicates in data. (Similar to the duplicates tool in your old TrackVia Contact Manager, but better)

Feedback and Knowledge Base