How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

Add Conditional Group(s) to Filters

Currently you are only able to have two levels of Conditional Groups in Filters. This needs to be increased to AT LEAST three levels. There are many cases that are not possible with just two levels. When creating a workflow that moves records from step to step, some fields in the workflow might need to be conditional. For instance, let's say the end-user is usually required to upload a Purchase Order unless that customer is under contract. So, in the form you'd have a "Under Contract" check box and field to upload the purchase order. The idea is that if either field has data, then the data-entry requirement is satisfied.

In the filter, one would need to LEVEL 1: Check that all (AND) items for the previous step are complete; LEVEL 2: Check if any (OR) items for the current step are uncompleted, UNLESS LEVEL 3: Either the "Under Contract" check box (OR) the Purchase Order Upload has data. I can imagine many cases in which one field is conditionally required and a third level of Conditional Groups is the only way to capture that in a filter.

9 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Jay Ziskrout shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I need at least a third level of filtering to be able to run my reports too!! In the meantime, I can export the data and remove the records that did not meet my criteria...it's an extra step, but this work-around works for now.

• Jake Marwil commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Jay,

We understand that this is a very important feature for not only you, but many TrackVia customers. Our product and engineering team are aware of this request, but we will still pass this request along as it helps to increase the stack ranking and will speed up the time frame for when this feature may be added. Thank you for the feedback and let us know if you have any further questions.

Best,

Jake

Feedback and Knowledge Base