change field types
Please add the functionality into express that was in Classic to change the field type on an existing field!!!! I had phone number fields converted as a number field but really need to make them single line to add info such as ext. numbers, ect so need to convert. Prefer not to have the whole process of exporting, and re importing into a new field. Was a great Feature in Classic!!!!
Julio Guerra commented
Please this is a must! Used it in Classic often. I find it hard to believe that you guys didn't set this up from the beginning.
This is a "must have". No more workarounds, please!
Guys: I cannot wait until New Trackvia grows up to be at least as functional as a basic database, let alone as good as Classic was out of the box. I need field editing, and so does everyone else who is converting their systems over to New
Make a duplicate field with the field type as you want, then delete the old one that has the wrong field type.
1. Edit the table to add a new field titled nearly the same but select the field type as you want it. Export two fields: 1) the field holding the unique value (known as the key), 2) the field you want in a new type.
2. In Excel, make the second column with the same header as the new field you made in Trackvia.
3. Import the Excel file. Select the "update" function.
4. After finishing the whole import process, go back and delete the old field that had the wrong field type.
5. Now change the name of the new field to the old field. Voila!!
Currently I want to make a change to my system.. I combined 3 note fields using calculated text field type and now i cant edit them.. It would be great if we could change field types or make other changes using the bulk edit. It would be great to be able to copy from one column to the other using bulk edit.
This is a common enhancement request that is on our radar for our product team. Currently, we do not have a timeline as to when this enhancement will be available, but we will be certain to pass this feedback along to our development team. Please stay tuned for updates!