How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

Tighter Form Builder Layout

I would like to see a "tighter" layout of Forms. Currently, I feel the fields are too large with the font size, in-field padding, and the field-to-field padding.
If we had the ability to reduce the size of the fields and padding, the presentation wouldn't look so large with alot of wasted screen real estate, plus we could potentially squeeze in 5 or 6 columns wide.
Thanks!

64 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
John McGarvey shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: facebook google
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Mesqueeb commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 1000% I have a great bump down in productivity.

I have 1 child view that usually only has 2 child records, but it still shows up in my view stupendously large.... But I need to see the information above and below this child-view on my company level, and it just makes it a SCROLLING experience every single company form I open.........

See this screenshot. (I even had to command - to take the screenshot...)
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/iembvdavdaemd6g/too%20large.png?dl=0
    I guess track via is not build for 11' screens...

• Kyle McBride commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Agree 100% - app building is great, but app usability is suffering because of this. We have forms with many many fields, and it results in a huge form. Meanwhile the users were accustomed to their Excel spreadsheet with 40 rows of fields in the form, all nice and condensed in an easy to navigate and use area on their screen. Now, scroll....scroll....scroll......

• Alex commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi John,

Thanks for the feedback! This is something that is definitely on our radar. We are currently working to make cell widths and heights more dynamic based on the formatting of the values within them. These improvements would help reduce the extra space on forms, views, and even dashboards.

As always, we've shared this feedback with our product team and will keep you in the loop as the enhancement develops!

Regards,

Alex

Feedback and Knowledge Base