I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

1. Ability to "view as" a certain user / sign in as user.

I think this was a feature in the previous version of TrackVia, however I never used it.

It would be really useful for admin to be able to see a certain view / form / entire role in the way that a limited user would.

When I create new functionality I find it is easy to forget some details (eg giving access to the preferred parent view in a drop down field on a form, or assigning the correct form to a new view), so I usually end up borrowing a computer from a limited user and then going back…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Drag and drop calendar view for scheduling

Hello Trackvia,

A calendar view would be useful a feature to Trackvia for many types of business operations. It would be very practical to have a drag and drop calendar view to schedule records for example as tasks, events, resources, rentals, dispatch, etcetera.

If you ad a record to the calendar view you can drag en drop, expand and shrink the record for maximum flexibility and speed what is needed during operations.

Kind regards,

Mauricio

35 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Cloning Records

I would like to see the ability to be able to clone a existing record and have the new record have it's own record ID. The first record almost acting like a template.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  4 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Conditional field options in form

Ability for field drop down options to change depending on the answer to previous form field. For example, "Vehicle make" field is selected (Toyota) then "Model" field would only show models made by Toyotas i.e. Prius, Camery etc.

27 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We now have the ability to apply a filter rule to a relationship field on a form. This allows to limit the options one can choose in a relationship field based on what is chosen in another relationship. Enjoy!

5. Be able to make Linking fields "required"

Really like the way table relationships are set up in the new version! Makes creating relationships really easy.

There's been requests to have the "link to parent rule" that was in classic added to the new version, which I understand is very difficult for you guys to do with the new structure.

While that's in development, would it be possible to make linking fields "required"?

Lets say I have an activity table. I need an activity to link to a Company and Contact (both individual tables). Since the link to parent rule isn't in place yet, it would be immensely…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Wrap text in the fields

It would be very helpful if we could wrap text in the field so all text would be visible instead of only seeing a portion of the text. This was a feature that was in the previous version.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Cross App Links between Tables

The inability to link across apps limits the usefulness of the Apps concept.

For example, if I want to put Tables like Accounts, Contacts and Sales Opportunities together in an app (e.g. "CRM") and other Tables like "Tickets", "Known Issues", "Deployed Equipment" in another app called "Support" it is not at all clear to me how I create a direct (or indirect) link between a Support Ticket and the Account.

This is part of Classic - why the change?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. required fields in forms that are not required in table

Give the option to make fields in individual forms required even if they are not required fields in the corresponding table. This ensures that all the needed data is captured if forms are distinct but populate the same table.

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Roll-up Options for Forms section

Add an option that minimizes or rolls up a section in the form so that it can be expanded only if needed.

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. formula to calculate distances between locations

A formula to calculate distances beween locations (city, state, zip code, country, latitude, longitude, etc). Also, the ability to plot locations and drive time between locations on maps would be great.

16 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The ability to use Trackvia OFFLINE

We travel overseas, and would like to use Trackvia OFFline on the IPad. The internet coverage is often non-existand or very patch, and uploading in the hotal at the end off the day would make more sense.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Conditional Formatting

Ability to change formatting based on data input. For example in a task list, if the entry is marked as high priority, have the font be red.

66 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Enable Default Values That End-Users Can Change

Currently, on the Table field level there is no way to establish a default value. The only option is to create a calculated field on the Form level.

The big problem is that calculated fields are really designed just to display information to the user, not to be a shortcut for data entry.

I'd like to see the ability to define a Default Value at the Table level that displays as entered data in the form but which the end-user can freely change/edit as in any other field that already has data in it.

This makes sense in any use…

39 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Enable Distribution Of Professional Looking Reports

Currently the design of reports are limited and the only way to view them is be a logged-in user of the application. Unfortunately, reports are most commonly created for people in different departments, bosses and/or partners/customers outside of the organization. Currently, there is no way to distribute a report to all of these stakeholders. I propose that reports functionality be enhanced to enable them to be exported as PDFs, shared as an html page via unauthenticated link, and/or other methods of sharing reports with people that do not have direct access to the application.

37 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Ability to Duplicate Forms

I would like to see the ability to duplicate a form so you wouldn't have to build it over and over.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Add Logo or Corporate Branding to Roles

Be able to add a logo to the top bar for corporate branding to customers in a role.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Have 100 contacts always first come up, instead of 25

Have 100 contacts always come up, instead of 25.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We implemented a setting behind the scenes that “remembers” each user’s preferred show-per-page setting. This setting will be remembered throughout their TrackVia sessions and will only be reset (1) when the show-per-page setting is modified by the user or (2) when the user clears their browser cache.

We’ll mark this suggestion as “completed” for now, but let us know if there are further recommendations on this topic.

Thanks for the feedback!

18. 29 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  7 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Export Directly From a View

I would like to see the ability to export directly while working on a View, and not have to back out and go to the App Overview page.

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    completed  ·  5 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Easy To Configure Alerts

Currently, the ability to generate an email alert based on entered data such as a date, requires the creation of at least two calculation fields (Calculated Date and Calculated Number) for each such 'trigger' field.

It's time consuming and difficult for non-programmer users. I've seen in other competing services the capability, via a field or table-level properties menu to toggle on and configure trigger email and/or SMS alerts based on a date.

There are many applications, but one use case example is: Send me task reminder email 3 days before the Estimated Shipping Date to call and confirm shipment is…

33 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Categories