I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Text Mask for Field Input

For fields like phone numbers, etc., that follow a certain pattern that you might want to enforce, it would be very helpful to have the ability to create a text mask. This is common in many other systems and forms (wufoo for example). It would make data much cleaner. An example:

I want phone numbers to follow the 555-555-5555 convention rather than just allowing people to put whatever they type (dots, no spaces, parenthesis, etc.). I also want to ensure that it's 12 characters long (10 plus the parenthesis). Having a text mask that would enforce this convention would be…

22 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Alternating row formatting

For large tables, it would be helpful if we had the option to have every other row be shaded differently. Would definitely improve user experience.

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow saving and viewing of images on mobile devices

1. On a mobile device, if an image already exists in a record and an user clicks on the image within the form, the image should be displayed first, followed by options to replace the image. Currently, the options are to replace to the image with other images either currently on the device or by taking a new picture.
    2. On a mobile device, when the image is displayed, there should be an option to save the image to the device and to share it. To do this today, I would have to take a screenshot, losing the original image…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Refresh Home or Dashboard Tabs after adding a new Dashboard View in Roles

When we create a new Dashboard View, we need to add it to roles (warning popup is nice for that :-), but after adding, the Home or the Dashboard Tabs are not refreshed: a F5 is necessary.
    It could be nice to have a refresh automatically or emptying the cache.
    Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Other Option for Checkboxes

It would be super-helpful to allow an "Other" option on checkboxes that allowed something to be typed-in if that was selected. A sample is attached in a screenshot.

Right now, I just add an "Other" text field, but it's not ideal.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. TrackVia in Spanish please

It was the major reason for not choosing it over other options (sorry for my bad english)

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Increased Customization of Hyperlinks In Forms

Regarding hyperlinks in forms, application developers should be able to: 1) Designate target = _self to send users to another form within the application (instead of only being able to open in another tab), and 2) Change the link color from the default GREEN which is often impossible to see.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Form For Easy Search Involving Multiple Criteria

For many end-users, creating a filter is a bit too complicated. Accordingly, I prefer serving up all functionality to my end-users via designed workflows and dashboards. However, many times, our people are speaking with customer prospects that want to know what of the thousands of products we carry meet their various criteria. This could easily involve 10 criteria (ex. Style, Fabric, Territory, Price, Certifications, Manufacturer...). I propose that TrackVia enable end users to search for records based on multiple criteria by entering them in a blank data entry that is placed in "Search Mode." Using the same data entry form…

11 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Keyboard Retraction On Android Mobile App

When creating a new record on the Android Mobile App, there is no way for a user to retract the keyboard display when they are finished entering in data. This lacking feature causes the save and add a new button to be covered.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Redesign the "Votes" for this Forum Site

This is not a TrackVia issue, but the design of this Forum site, but I don't know who the provider is.

Currently, users are given a certain number of "votes" that get used when:
    1) Voting on other user's suggestions
    2) Adding comments to posts
    3) Creating your own posts

The problem is once you run out of "votes", you can't post anything new to the forums. This "feature" limits activity to the site.

A better option would be to have:
    1) System restriction to allow only 1 vote for another user's posts
    2. No "votes" needed to post a…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. URGENT - Security Issue with Passwords

TrackVia does not force any kind of password strength requirements right now. It looks like it will even accept 'password' as a password. It's very important that this is fixed, since there's no way we can check if our users are using secure passwords.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Move/Link Table Between Apps

If trackvia pro is not going to allow users to link tables between apps, I would like to at least be able to move a table from one app to another. I created multiple apps thinking I would be able to link the tables between apps. Now I have to recreate the tables all in one app.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Allow Variables In Filters

Currently, in filters, you are able to add filters and set criteria such as "A file is not present," "Is Identical To," "Less Than," etc. Many times we need to generate the same view or report based on particular values provided on a call by a customer or prospect. Therefore, I propose that TrackVia enables filters be created in which field values are set as a variables. So, instead of using a pre-populated value, the end user would be prompted to provide those values at the time that the filter, or the overlying view or report, is run. This would…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Reformat the TrackVia User Field Lookup

The current TrackVia User Field displays the users as:
    "First Name Last Name <email address>"

As we get many users in the system, it would be much better if the names were:
    1. Alphabetized
    2. Last Name, First Name (hide the email address)

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  15. Organization of App Overview, Views, Filters, etc...

I find the App Overview to pretty ineffective. I need to be able to organize my hundreds of views and filters by at least table and ideally in a hierarchal structure that I can build. Having them all side by side in no particular order makes it pretty hard to know what I'm looking at quickly.

Additionally, I've been using a naming convention for all of these views and filters that will at least alphabetize/group them together but then items with similar names, applicable to entirely different tables/views etc get all mixed together. The other problem with this is that…

13 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Recommend Improvements to the Form Builder Color Palette

The current color palette in the Form Builder is very difficult:

- The palette opens over the text box so I am unable to key in the Hex value.
    - The palette cannot be moved
    - Most times the palette is very slow of non-responsive

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. Have a default 'sort by' on views

When you make a view you can choose if there is a default sort by - for instance we want to always have particular views organised by date, but others organised by a priority 1 - 10

19 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Dual Purpose User Table

Any thought to expanding the use of the User Table to be dual purpose?:
    -- User Access
    -- General contact information

If the table had set system fields for the User Account (as it does now), then allowed us to add additional fields for such things as profile attributues, LTP and Child tables, etc like we have in other Employee/Contact tables, then a simple User Account Activation Flag would enable the User rights pieces, otherwise when the flag is in the "Off" position, the record is just a plain Employee or Contact as it would be in another table.

This…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Notifications in App Center

Be able to see all of your notifications in the app center to edit them.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Multiple Notifications for Single Record Updates (multiple fields)

The Notification Rules (for any change) is currently sending a separate email notice for each field that is updated on the same record.

It would be better if the system had a delay (10 seconds?) and consolidate all the changes on a single record into one email notification.

Each update could be a separate line item in the summary box at the top of the email.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Feedback and Knowledge Base