I would like to see...

Thanks for telling us what you’d like to see in the product!

How can we improve TrackVia? What features should come next?

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. edit location for record

For the location (map) feature to be actually very useful it needs to allow for the placement of a location and editing of the location, as well as capturing the location from the device. When I capture a location on site with my phone it works great, but if I create a record offsite later I can't edit the location at all, so that record shows my office location - or actually none, since I turned off location services on my desktop to prevent that.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Filtered Lookups to User Table User Group Field

I would like the ability to have filtered lookups on the User Group field (on a Form) as we can do for other parent/child join fields.

There many types of User Groups that we can create, and the current lookup will display them all.

There are times when we may only want to display a certain type.
    Example: Geographic Region groups

In this example, we would not want to see other group types, such as Support Teams or Departments, such as, Development, QA, Operations, etc.

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Adding more info through Multi-select

Multi-select is quite nice, and is improving workflows for a lot of my clients. Thanks for adding this!

Would love to see the ability to choose a few fields from the join table to include in the multi select. That way the record created in the join table has all info required.

Situation: We're creating an Invoice record, using multi select to choose items from the Products table, which are added to our "Line Items" join table. A "Line Item" record contains the number field "Quantity"

Current process is to choose items with multi-select, save record. View for line item…

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Print Child View from within Parent Form

I would like the ability to print a Child View from within the Parent record form.
    The Child View is already "filtered" to display only the records associated with the Parent record being looked at. We can already do limited updates (edit/delete), but we not able to print.
    The workaround, and time consuming, is to go the full version of this Child View, which displays all records, and apply the same filtering that was in place from the Parent, then print.
    Its much easier to print right from the filtered View/record we are aleady looking at.

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Print & share detail behind Grouped Views

When using the Group format feature on a View, users like that they are able to drill down into the records that make up the group but they are unable to print or share the detail. I am also not able to collapse the details after I have expanded them on the view. It would be hugely beneficial to us to be able to first expand the detail (as it does today) but then have the ability to print, share, and export these records within the expanded view. We share data monthly with the applicable project owners and the only…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Password Policy Requirements on Reset Screen

The password reset screen does not display any of the requirements from the new Password Policy Configurations (see two screenshots).

I'd like to see the password reset screen list the requirements placed on the account by the Sysadmin. Examples: X number of characters, lowercase, uppercase, etc.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Multi access level

Having an overlapping access level such as "Manager" in between the "Limited" and the "Administrator" user would be helpful.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Calculated User Group field

Expanding on the new User Group fields, it would be nice to have calculated User Group fields so we can dynamically set this field to one/many User Groups automatically based on other values/conditions in the record to be used for Views, Dashboards, etc.

(From: John McGarvey - I'm out of votes)

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  9. Option to not display the lock icon in read-only fields

It would be nice to be able to remove the lock option in read-only fields on forms. It's pretty large and unsightly, and I imagine there's a better way to indicate to the user that they cannot edit that field.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  improve existing feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Schedule uploads

The ability to schedule automatic record updates/additions by accessing excel file stored in a place like dropbox

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Select All Roles in Notification Rule

As I begin using the "Is Current User" and the "One Of The Current User's Groups" filters for the purpose of sending notifications to only those involved with the record, it would be nice to have an option in the Notification Rule configuration to "Add All Roles" (Select All) so we don't have to manually add all Roles one at a time.

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Send Notifications to User Group

We need the ability to send notifications to the new User Groups. Currently, we can only send notifications to individual users or Roles.

By allowing notifications to be sent to User Groups, we (admins)(w)should only have to create 1 report/view, and let the system send to only those users where the specific User Group on the record is one of the user's User Group (based on filtering).

This is a huge time savings for us instead of creating multiple Views all based on different sets of filtering. Example: I have a use case to send a notification to differing groups…

0 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. manage user - should be similar to a table

i need to be able to export the list of users and status

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  3 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. a line for finish job in activiites

in drop down box, how about finish line. A job has been loaded out, but something was not here and did not go. several days later, the missing material goes out. Can't rescan it, so i do an activity and choose folder note.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. GAUGE CHART

Have a "gauge" chart or "speedometer" chart - many examples online i.e. ClicData has one, GoogleSheets has an option.

Thanks

12 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Filtering by Dropdown: Include blanks with "Does not have this option selected"

Filtering based on drop-downs works well for the most part, but I keep coming into issues with this.

Currently, when filtering "{Dropdown} does have this option selected [dropdown option]", it only pulls through records where the dropdown isn't blank and has a different option than the one mentioned in the filter.

This forces the user to create a conditional group, where the option isn't selected OR the field is blank.

This isn't a big deal, until you start working with more complex filters with different conditional groups.

Really loved how this was done in Classic; with the ability to check…

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  17. It takes to long to load data

it took 40min to load information should only be 5min max

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. how do i Automatically link new records entered into a child table (many) to a record in the parent table all within the same app?

I have a parent table with each record containing a barcode and descriptions / pictures of the item.

I have a child table where i will scan barcodes that are in the parent everyday. it would be great if every time i created a record in the child table and scanned the barcode, that the record would automatically link to the appropriate barcode in the parent table.

Is this possible? Thanks very much!

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Form printing

Printing forms is great feature. Unfortunately, the spacing between rows of fields AND sections of the form is so generous that my forms that should print on one page are being spread out over two pages.

When a section is hidden from the form because of the result of a show/hide rule, there is additional spacing where that section would have been if it weren't hidden.

Also, when a form has a "view section" the view section box is enormous whether there is one child record or several.

The form printing feature may be improved if the row spacing was…

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Admins Need To Have Ability To Use A Separate Record ID For Imports

Admins need to have the ability to import via a separate record ID than what is displayed for end-users.

For better usability, most Record ID's are setup with multiple fields; such as, Auto Number, Category Field, Another Field.

However, for an admin, we often export large amounts of data, update in a spreadsheet, then need to import back in.
    In the current setup, we must include all the fields that used in the Record ID, even if they are not the fields being updated. If we don't remember to include them, then all the work done in the spreadsheets is…

14 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  2 comments  ·  add new feature  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 5 7 9 14 15
  • Don't see your idea?

I would like to see...

Feedback and Knowledge Base