Got something that doesn't fit in the other forums?

Return Child Value Base on Most Recent Record

I need to be able to return a value in the most recent child record to a calculated field in its parent. I am completing a series of inspections (children) on a unit (parent) ; I want to continue to populate the inspection status and update it as time moves forward. Is it possible to create a calculated field that will update an inspection value of pass/fail as more recent inspection records are made?

I have tried to use the MAX function but that simply returns the largest text value based on the letters.

Thanks in advance!

3 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Cristina commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi there!

Thank you for reaching out with your question.

If you are looking to have a calculated field on your parent table to show a specific field of the most recent child record, you can try the formula below. This formula would need to be placed on the parent table and it will show the field of your choice of the most recently created child record.

if(contains("|",childconcatenate({Table Name}.{Relationship Name}.{Field Name} ,"|")), reverse(snip(reverse(childconcatenate({Table Name}.{Relationship Name}.{Field Name} ,"|")),"","|")), childconcatenate({Table Name}.{Relationship Name}.{Field Name} ,"|"))

If you encounter any issues when setting up your formula, feel free to send us an email to support@trackvia.com.

Regards,

Cristina

Feedback and Knowledge Base