Connecting Gmail to TrackVia
Many customers need to store information in their TrackVia tables that they receive through Gmail. Even TrackVia turns emails from customers into support tickets. Let's say we receive a support request email from a customer. Rather than manually entering in this new customer information into our tickets table, let's get zapier to automatically add a record based on the information in the email. To watch a video showing how this is done, click here!
- Select Gmail as your trigger app and TrackVia as your action app.
- Then we will set it up so that anytime a new email is received, a new record will be added to our TrackVia table.
- Connect your gmail account.
- Connect your TrackVia account
- Filter your gmail triggers.
- In our case, we will look inside the Inbox for subjects that have "support request" as part of the text
- You can also add your own custom filters
- Select the view you would like to add a new record to in TrackVia and match up the fields in Gmail with your fields in TrackVia
- Test your Zap to make sure everything is set up correctly
- Name your Zap and turn it on
- Now let's send an email to our gmail account and make sure it adds a record to our tickets table