The TrackVia mobile app provides the ability to create barcodes. To enable this setting, you will need to edit a text field's settings on a form.
Available only on mobile, any properly formatted text field can become a QR, UPC-A, UPC-E, EAN 8, EAN 13, Code39, Code93, Code128, Aztec or ITF. Each barcode type has certain standards which are honored by TrackVia. See below for instructions on formatting fields.
QR Codes are recommended, as they are fast and easy to scan on both curved and flat surfaces. Here is an image of a QR code on the TrackVia iOS app:
Formatting Data for BarcodesEach barcode type has certain standards which are honored by TrackVia. To ensure your data properly renders in the type of barcode you select, ensure it confirms to the following standards:
- QR Code - up to 255 alphanumeric characters
- UPC-A - 11 integers
- UPC-E - 8 integers
- Code39 - Uppercase A-Z, 0-9, and some special characters (-, ., $, /, +, %, and space)
- Code93 - Uppercase A-Z, 0-9, and some special characters (-, ., $, /, +, %, and space)
- Code128 - Any of the 128 ASCII characters
- EAN-8 - 8 integers
- EAN-13 - 13 integers
- Aztec - up to 255 alphanumeric characters
- IFT - 14 integers