When enabled in your account, you’ll find SMTP settings in your “My Account” submenu, next to last month’s addition, API Access. On the SMTP screen, you’ll be able to specify your custom SMTP server, as well as any custom return addresses for your Alert and Welcome emails.
We will use the following security protocols with the following ports:
- 25: We will try TLS, and if the smtp server doesn't support TLS we will error.
- 465: We will send SSL.
- 587: We will send TLS.
We will only send SMTP messages over a secure connection.
- If you don’t check the ‘Enable SMTP settings’ box, your custom settings will not be used.
- You can test your settings at any time by clicking on “Test Configuration”. The email will be sent to the email address associated with the account you’re currently signed in with.
- Changes are immediate once you click “Save Configuration”
- If you use Custom SMTP settings in your account, TrackVia support will not be able to check on sent emails.
Best Practices For Setup:
- Don’t click on the “Enable SMTP Settings” until you’ve made your changes and tested your configuration (using the “Test Configuration” button). Once you’ve confirmed that your settings are correct, then check the “Enable SMTP Settings” box and click “Save Configuration”.
- If you are using Gmail. Please make sure to visit this link (https://myaccount.google.com/lesssecureapps) and ensure that it is turned on. SMTP.gmail.com needs this to authenticate.