Improvements to Sync Center for Downloads
- Retry Download Sync if Connectivity Fails
As a download sync is in progress, if there is a loss in connectivity from wifi or from cell data, the download sync will attempt temporarily pause and resume.
The first retry attempt will start at 3 seconds, the second attempt after 6 seconds, and the third attempt after 9 seconds.
If the third attempt fails, then the sync is cancelled.
- New in-app notification for status of download data sync.
Upon a successful or failed download sync, the user is presented with a message on the outcome of the download sync.
Note: Requires notifications to be enabled for the Track Via app through Device Permissions.
- Improved Messaging for Manually Cancelling a Download Sync
When cancelling a sync download, users are now presented with a dialogue to confirm the sync cancel.
- New Setting to Configure the Number of Records included for each downloaded Resource
The value is set to 10,000 records by default.
Changing this value may impact the availability of information needed to complete a form or display a view while offline.
Note: The total download sync time is dependent on the number of records per resource, the number of resources enabled for offline, and the connection speed and stability. The number of records included in a download sync affects the total time needed to complete the download.
- Removed aggregate views for simple pivots.
- All pivots display as a standard grid view in the app.
- Fixed an issue where unknown view types would crash the app in connectivity changing situations.
- Create a new Settings option in the Settings menu, which includes the new Max Record Setting and the App Settings.