Backup and Restore
There are two parts of Backup and Restore as the name suggests; Backup and Restore. We’ll talk through each separately.
This feature is only available for Super admins.
When you execute a Backup of your account, you are doing so to your entire account. All users, apps and data across your entire account will be backed up.
What is not backed up:
Files (documents, voice memos, signatures), Images, Microservices
- These items are stored externally, so when you delete them from TrackVia, they are deleted from the external system and not recoverable from a restore.
- Sandboxes will maintain their current state regardless of backup or restore.
How to access Backup and Restore
Where you’ll find Backup and Restore at the end of the “My Account” menu.
Clicking on Backup & Restore, you’ll be brought to this page:
At this time, the list does not include the backups automatically created every night at midnight. To restore from one of these backups, please contact support. Eventually these automated backups will appear in this list, but not in this first release.
The second tab on the Backup and Restore page is the Activity Log. The Activity Log will show you what activities have happened, ordered chronologically. For example, when you perform a restore of your account, the system will actually back up your account before doing the restore, just in case you need to back out of the restore to the moments just before.
A couple of caveats about this procedure
- This process will take your account offline for the entirety of the process. When the process starts, people who are in the system will be signed out and shown the “Maintenance Mode” page. This includes mobile users.
- We do not have specifics on how long your account will be in maintenance mode. It will depend on the size of your account and how busy the system is at the time of the restore. It could be several hours.
- Files, images and microservices are not included in backups, do not restore your account to try to get deleted files back. Restores only include apps and data.
- If you’ve added a user after the restore point, you will need to re-add that user.
- A sandbox is being created.
- An import is in progress.
- A backup or restore process is already running for the same account.
- The maximum number of backups (for all accounts) are happening at this time.
What does a restore process look like?
Here’s what the process looks like: