Rearrange Columns and Modify Width
Modify Row Height
Field Options To open the options for a given field, hover your cursor over the field and click the gear icon indicated in the image below.
The options available include:
Hide Column - Do not show column in view
Dock Column - Column will always be visible on the left, even as your scroll to the right (if all of your columns do not fit on the page)
Add to Sort - Choose to sort your records based on this column. You can further designate what sorts take precedence.
If you choose to sort a Name field 1st and a date field 2nd, your records will order by Name field, and when there are multiple records with the same name, it will order those by date.
One of the most useful features of the grid view is the ability to edit records without actually opening them. This can save a tremendous amount of time when you are making changes to many records.
Clicking into a field will highlight the field in blue. If there is a value in the field, you will be presented with an “X” to delete its contents. If you simply wish to make a change to the value, start typing or place the cursor where you wish to insert data.
Note: Limited roles will only be able to edit the fields they have been given permission to edit on the form assigned to that view.
After you have made the necessary changes, you will have four options:
1. Pressing Enter - This will save the new value and place the editing focus on the field directly below it.
2. Pressing Tab - This will save the new value and place the editing focus on the field directly to the right of it.
3. Clicking into another field - This will save the value and place the editing focus on the field you clicked into
4. Clicking anywhere else on the page - This will save the value
Each change made in the grid view is automatically saved. Once the changes are submitted, an on screen notification will alert you that the record was saved and display a summary of the change. The summary also allows you to click undo if there is an error.
Additionally, you may export directly from each view by clicking into the Menu, then select Export View. (Note: Limited Users may not have permission to export. This is controlled at the Role level.)
When in a view, there is a link titled Filter that allows you to quickly filter the data down to what you would like to see:
This is a great alternative to searching the entire table. Quick Filters allow you to further refine a collection of records in a specific view. Whether you need to make a quick list of open projects, or filter an existing report by an Account Rep, quick filters make this an easy process. They are available to all TrackVia plans and all user types. Learn more about how to use Quick Filters by clicking here.
You can share valuable information with people outside of your organization directly from any view. From the view Menu, select Share View. The next screen will allow you to specify email recipients, a custom subject, and add a custom message for the recipient.
When accessing a View, there are three horizontal lines that serve as the Menu for the View. Clicking on this will display additional features for a View. The menu will show all available options for the specific view you are accessing.
- Lanes - If your view contains a Drop down field, you will have the option to enable the Lanes feature.
- Maps - If your view has the Location at Creation field, then you will see Maps as menu option.
- Timeline | Calendar - If your view contains date fields, you will have the option to plot values on a Timeline/Calendar view.
- Conditional Formatting - You can also apply conditional formatting rules from this options menu.