By popular demand, we released several minor tweaks to make TrackVia tidier and easier to work with
Easier reading of data
- Shrunk the default font size on Forms
- Reduced the vertical height of data rows in grid views
- No longer translating dates into named days; all dates should now simply display as MM/DD/YYYY. (And for our non-US customers, be on the look out for more date formatting options in the near future!)
- Right-aligned all number fields in a grid view
Easier grid view interaction
- Horizontal scrollbars always docked to the bottom of the visible grid; no need to scroll all the way to the bottom to get a scrollbar. Simply hover over a grid view to see them.
- "Show per page" setting remembered: when you change 25 to 50, for example, TrackVia will remember that for you throughout your session, and your preference won't affect anyone else's
- Hovering over data on the grid now displays the content for any field, where previously only paragraph fields displayed this. AND, there is a short delay so casual pointer movements don't fire the hover text.
This release centers around getting more filtering possibilities out of date fields, but we sprinkled in some extra filtering power while we were at it:
Date fields: Filter based on the passage of time (and of course the current day & time)
- Create dynamic views that show you information based on the current date & time. No more hard-coding date ranges to get information for "tomorrow" or "3 days ago". Have a look at the added options for filtering on dates next time you're building a filter; we're positive these new options will save you lots of, well...time!
You can now leverage the following fields when constructing a filter
- Record Created Date
- Record Updated Date
- Record Created By User
- Record Updated By User
Lastly, we've added a "contains" capability when filtering on text fields. This is essentially a wildcard match that let's you filter on keywords contained anywhere in a text field; it does not have to be an exact match on the entire contents of a text field.