Users can now set their preferred map type to be rendered when viewing or entering data via Location fields. Once selected within TrackVia Settings, this new map type will be used as your default map type moving forward.
When viewing data on a Map, users can also now toggle the 3 supported map types: Driving, Satellite, & Hybrid.
Setting default map type
Users can set their preferred map type to be rendered when viewing or entering data via Location fields. Once selected, this new map type will be used as your default map type moving forward.
Once logged into their account on the TrackVia mobile app and the user has loaded their dashboard:
- Select the Settings menu in the top right corner of the primary navigation
- Select "Settings"
- Select "Default Map Type" and choose one of the following options:
- Standard: A street map that shows the position of all roads and some road names.
- Satellite: A satellite image of the area.
- Hybrid: A satellite image of the area with road and road name layers on top.
Toggling map types when viewing data
Users can toggle amongst the 3 supported types (Standard, Satellite, Hybrid) when viewing data on a Map:
- Open a Map view (ex: Records on a Map view or a Location field's detailed Map view)
- Select the map icon in the top right corner of the primary navigation
- A popover is presented with options and the map is updated instantly
Note: If you toggle the map type while viewing data, your default will not be changed.