Now we’re getting to the good stuff. You’ve created forms and views, created dashboards, and now we’re going to ‘assign’ a dashboard to a role (a group of users). We create Dashboards to tailor the user's experience to their workflow by granting them easy access to necessary information.
How to assign a Dashboard:
- Click the Admin icon, select Roles and click Edit for the role that is listed.
- Click the Add/Remove button under Dashboards.
- Click the check box next to the Dashboard you’d like to assign to the role.
- Click the Grant Access buttons next to the elements you’ve added to the selected Dashboard.
- Click Done.
- In the Dashboards section, in order to assign one of the dashboards as the Role's homepage, you will need to place it at the top of the list. In the image below, the Getting Started dashboard will be the homepage for this Role (if this is the only app the user is assigned to).
7. It is also important to note that if a user is assigned to more than one application, they will have the ability to chose their "favorite" application. This favorite app will be the one that opens when they first log in. Choosing a favorite application is as easy as clicking the star from the application drop down list.
8. If there is a View on the Dashboard you added: In the Views & Record Editing section, choose the appropriate form permission for viewing or editing records from that view.
9. Finally, use the Users drop-down menu (upper right) to add yourself to the role.
10. Click Save!
Now click on the home button
And Voila! You’ve created a Dashboard that will be the first thing you see when you sign in.