First, what is a relationship?
In TrackVia, a relationship is a link between data tables. It allows you to maintain consistent data, keep your app tidy and make it more powerful. A simple (and very common) example:
- You want to keep track of companies you do business with
- You want to manage the contacts that work for those companies
- There are multiple contacts per company
- Thus, you would want to create a "one-to-many" relationship between companies-to-contacts.
This allows you to easily see all the contacts that work for a single company and only manage a single company record instead of having to repeat the company information for each contact record.
How do I create relationships in TrackVia?
- Navigate to the App Builder under "Table Relationships" in the admin menu bar
- Set relationships between tables
- Review the App Design Summary
- Save your App!
If you ever need to edit the name of your app, you can select the edit icon next to the app name on this page.
This is a simple explanation for how to create a single link (a parent-child or one-to-many relationship) between two tables. For more information related to linking tables, please read the How to Link Tables article.
Article is closed for comments.